“Dolphin swim was the highlight of our crusie”

Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park
Cozumel Combo Tour: Discover Mexico Park and Chankanaab Day Pass
Ranked #5 of 51 Nature & Parks in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Chankanaab Adventure Beach Park is the most popular attraction in Cozumel. It is conveniently located just ten minute taxi ride from the cruise ship terminal. It´s a favorite for cruise ship passangers, day trippers, beach lovers. Enjoy the natural beauty of our beach and reef area,amaze yourself with our eco archaeological tour. All facilites included: restrooms, showers, huts, hammocks and beach chairs. Now your ticket includes: Sea Lion Show, Dolphin Presentation, Manatee Exhibition, Crocodile Exhibition and Eco Archaeological Tour. At Chankanaab Park you can also enjoy world class snorkel tour, scuba diving tour, snuba tour, seatrek tour, spa, temazcal, swim with dolphins and manatees tour for an additional cost. All fun in one place !
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We took a cruise out of Galvestion on carnival, which we will never,ever, do again. Chankanaab was really the highlight of our trip. We did the dolphin swim and we snorkeled. We rented gear on the beach and then had lunch there. We took a taxi from the cruise terminal and booked everything ourselves. It was much cheaper and we weren't herded like cattle the whole time. I will say beware of little jelly fish if you decide to go snorkeling. I was stung on my foot and even though it was just a little pinch, it was enough for me to get out.

1  Thank Stacy Z
There are newer reviews for Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park

Reviewed February 8, 2013

A great time was had by all. I can't add much to what others have said and the only reason this review is not 5 stars is I have been to Xcaret and it is a little better done. This can and should be done as an independent shore excursion because of the ease in getting to the park, and saving money.
As an American, I am used to being "catered to" in regards to language, but this is a Mexican park run by locals, so although English is spoken, it is secondary, so listen well. Also remember to bring a little cash if you eat in the restaurants as strolling musicians will ask for tips. (The food was very good, but a little pricey)

3  Thank armchair
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I really wanted this to be great. My two sons were REALLY looking forward to the dolphins and that part was great. Unfortunately, a couple experiences during our stay compelled me to post a review. First, you do a lot of "hurry up and wait" as they are pretty disorganized. We first met at 10:15 for a 10:30 excursion but they only send one representative to handle dozens and dozens of participants. You end up baking in the sun while she attempts to give every single person two or three different wristbands depending on their type of excursion. Once at the property you receive a lengthy brief about not taking your own taxi back to the port, followed by another brief about the timing of the dolphin encounter. After the second brief you have about 30-40 minutes to explore the property before the dolphin swim. There is a pool and a beach area as well as a few restaurants. The facility is great for kids, lots of stuff to do. I wanted to use a locker and they charged $5 even though it was supposed to be included. We were told to report back at noon, once again waited for our representative to arrive (it is not her fault, I learned she had to go back to port and pick up the next group for the cruise ship. I am surprised they don't ave more staff considering the costs of the excursion). We also ordered lunch, which was ok, but when they brought our bill I noticed the prices were different than the menu. They charged us $19 for four beers. I asked them how much each beer cost and was told $5. I explained that 4 x $5 does not equal $19. I then pointed to the menu indicating beers were $3. Overall, my boys had fun, but when you charge me $99 a head to enter the place, and $169 for a DVD of a dozen pictures, I'm going to get a little irritated when you also try and sneak $5 for a locker and intentionally overcharge me for a cervesa.

2  Thank ChicagoGrizwalds
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Took an hour drive from port, got to climb a lighthouse and do tequila shots inside. Had some gift vendors and crocodiles to view ,beautiful surf and shore.

2  Thank Brieux T
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I purchased the royal swim with the dolphins and included were a couple 2 for 1 coupons. When I attempted to use the 2 for 1 on the massage (30 min massage for $30 regular price), I was shown a laminated 'special offer....$37 for two 30 min massages. I thought at first we had a misunderstanding and showed the gentleman the coupon and again explained that there are two of us who would like a 30 min massage for $30. Still $37!!! I explained again.....still $37! It wasn't the silly $7....but the principal of it. Very disgusted....didn't even attempt to use any of the other coupons....packed up and left, hoping to mention it to someone in administration as I passed out the gates, but everything closed up. I did mention it to the gentleman securing the turnstile gate....he just shook his head.
Not at all impressed!