“Beautiful Water & Beautiful Beaches”

Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park
Cozumel Combo Tour: Discover Mexico Park and Chankanaab Day Pass
Ranked #5 of 51 Nature & Parks in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Chankanaab Adventure Beach Park is the most popular attraction in Cozumel. It is conveniently located just ten minute taxi ride from the cruise ship terminal. It´s a favorite for cruise ship passangers, day trippers, beach lovers. Enjoy the natural beauty of our beach and reef area,amaze yourself with our eco archaeological tour. All facilites included: restrooms, showers, huts, hammocks and beach chairs. Now your ticket includes: Sea Lion Show, Dolphin Presentation, Manatee Exhibition, Crocodile Exhibition and Eco Archaeological Tour. At Chankanaab Park you can also enjoy world class snorkel tour, scuba diving tour, snuba tour, seatrek tour, spa, temazcal, swim with dolphins and manatees tour for an additional cost. All fun in one place !
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I went to Chankanaab as part of an excursion with a cruise. Our excursion started with a short 10 minute bus ride from the port to the Discover Mexico musuem. David was our tour guide and he was phenomenal. After exploring the musuem we then took another short bus ride over to Chankanaab. This place was great! Once there they have a pool that you can swim in if the ocean isn't for you, they have a dolphin and sea lion show (which I didn't get to see unfortunately due to timing), and you can also go snorkeling. To rent the snorkel gear and a locker it cost $12 to get the mask, the snorkel, and the life vest. The best part about this is that they have dive masters on site there to take you out and show you around, but David our guide from the museum also was a guide. I was in David's group and he made sure everyone felt comfortable in their masks before we got into the water, and then he helped everyone into the ocean to make sure we all felt safe. Each group was only about 4 people per a dive guide, so you got really personalized attention. We were able to snorkel with David for about an hour, but once that was over, if you wanted to explore the other side you could do that on your own as well. I chose to go hang out on the beach with a friend and relax. There is a restaurant on site there with waiters who walk up and down the beach to see if you want anything. I ordered nachos and a XX beer, but I didn't find that the nachos were that good, especailly for the $11 that I paid for them. Over all though I loved my time at Chankanaab and if I ever go back to Cozumel, I will definitely go there again.

8  Thank Cheryl N
There are newer reviews for Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park

Reviewed September 26, 2011

This is one of my favorite spots. There is a beautiful lagoon and gardens. It is an ideal place to spend a day. Snorkeling here is one of the best off shore anywhere. The only downfall is the cost, so best to spend the whole day and make the most of it!

4  Thank 02stelly
Reviewed September 24, 2011

In August my family and several friends spent the day here and signed up for the Dolphin Encounter. It was by far the best I have ever done! We had done the Dolphin swim in Grand Caymen, in town in Cozumel, and Montego Bay, but this was hands down the best. The trainer was very patient and gave everyone the same attention and time with the dolphins. Also, the enclosures were roomier so you weren't right next to another group. Would certainly go back. The Park was clean. The bathrooms well maintained. The icing on the cake here is that they also have Manatees! All around a fun place to visit.

5  Thank Jemrn61
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I spent a couple hours here along with Discover Mexico for a short excursion with my husband, 3 year old and 15 month old. Walking the dock to see the dolphins and manatees was great. Trying to find the playground and then being told there isn't one, despite it being on the map: not so great. My 3 year old opted not to swim in the swimming beach area but both girls had a great time in the pool. Was a little disappointed after looking at the displayed menu, to be told there isn't any food there. I didn't give a lower overall rating because there might have been a language issue.

1  Thank KgTwinA
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Chankanaab Park offers snorkeling, trails, a recreation of mayan ruins, and swimming with dolphins. My son was too young to actully with the dolphins (he's 4) but he and my husband did the dolphin encounter. They were able to pet, feed, and kiss the dolphin. I did the royal swim (highly recommend) I was able to be pulled by the dolphins by their dorsal fins and also did a nose push ( the dolphin used his nose to push my feet, raising me above the water)

1  Thank TaraL2010