“Great dive shop, highly recommended”

Pepe Scuba Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a PADI International Resort;located inside the Coral Princess Hotel.Open to the Public,offering 2 Tank Boat Dive trips,with pick up service from other locations.All levels-PADI Dive Certification Training,Snorkel trips,Night Diving,Equipment Rental.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Denver, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great dive shop, highly recommended”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We chose Pepe for our second trip to Cozumel based on solid TA reviews. We were extremely happy we did! My wife and I were fortunate to be the only divers with them and essentially had a private two-tank dive. Abdias is a very attentive dive guide and outlined each of our dives. The first was a brisk drift dive where we saw a couple of turtles, a moray eel out and about, and a nurse shark. The second dive was a little more relaxing and at a medium depth (which he asked us for what we wanted). We were met by the boat at the end of each dive and didn't have to swim at all. The only minor complaint is their tanks apparently needed to have the o-rings replaced because they leaked for all three of us on the second dive. Otherwise, Pepe is a great value. We will definitely dive with Pepe the next time we return to Cozumel.

1 Thank wallbanger33
Frank F, Manager at Pepe Scuba Dive Shop, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Hola Amigos I am glad you had an enjoyable experience and Thank You for your preference.Both Dive guide and Capitan carry extra orings.I have a supply of our
own scuba tanks and sometimes at the filling station or in the Marina,my orings are
replaced with worn out ones by others,as they know we maintain our own.Sorry for the
trouble and hope to see you again.

Aruba
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“nice underwater world Cozumel”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

great staff, quiet dive, good equipment, all nice. price was good, we did a one tank dive, kids went snorkeling of the same boat.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“The only shop to dive with in Cozumel!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This February will be my 3rd year diving with Pepe's Dive Shop. Everyone is top notch, and takes time to make sure you feel comfortable, and confidant with any concerns. The dive masters, Abdias and Fernando are very knowledgeable and great teachers. Abdias has a keen eye and will show you all of the tiny creatures hiding under the reef and Fernando is very lighthearted and will keep you laughing through your regulator during the dive. I'm still a novice diver (less than 100 dives), and anytime I had questions or worries the dive masters always had a new way to explain things and made me feel at ease.

A plus to Pepe's is they use small dive boats (that can fit up to 10 divers) so you can go farther, faster to some of the really cool dive spots. Make sure to bring a windbreaker, or waterproof jacket to keep you dry and warm in-between dives because the boat will be cruising!

We dive daily with Pepe's during our stay in Cozumel. We always feel safe, and confidant diving with them. You'll be in good hands, and make new friends along the way.

Visited February 2013
Paoli, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Dive Trip”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

5th year diving with Pepe Dive Shop. Great diving experience. Wonderful dive masters. Fast boats get you to all of the Best dive site in Cozumel. We did walls, caves, 25 feet to 70 feet. So much to see.

Boulder, Colorado, United States
“Excellent Dive Shop”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Pepe Scuba Dive Shop is one of the best dive shops I've ever used. I've been diving for over 40 years all over the world. Pepe's exceeded my expectations. Good dive masters and boat skipper. The boat was clean, fast and had good shade form the sun. We dove for five days and every day we asked to go to the best dive sites at the other end of the island. Only once did they ask for a small fuel surcharge. People were friendly and helpful. I also appreciated the tactful ways they suggested how I could be a better and safer diver. These people are knowledgeable, competent and emphasize safety. You can't beat that.

Visited July 2013