“World Class Service...”

Pepe Scuba Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a PADI International Resort;located inside the Coral Princess Hotel.Open to the Public,offering 2 Tank Boat Dive trips,with pick up service from other locations.All levels-PADI Dive Certification Training,Snorkel trips,Night Diving,Equipment Rental.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“World Class Service...”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have been to Cozumel more than 25 times over the past 10 years. We've been diving with many dive operators, but when we found Pepe's, our search was over. Frank and Abdias and the rest of the Pepe's crew are hands down the best dive operation on the island. Here's one of the many stories that reflect their level of service. While having dinner at Prima downtown (Prima has since moved to a new location, and their quality vanished), our rental car was towed. (Yes, it was my fault for not paying attention to the new parking rules.) We took a cab back to our condo. The next morning, getting ready to go diving with Pepe's, we told Frank about our woes. When we got back from diving, Frank took us to the police station in his truck. He went in and talked with the police chief. When he was done, they gave us our car - no ticket, no fine, no problem. Now that's service.

We'll never dive with another operator - not just because of this incident, but because of how Pepe's conducts business, Small fast boats, friendly personal service, good prices, willing to go where the divers want to go, will pick you up and drop you off at almost any dock, will do night dives and specialty dives on request... You just won't find a better diving experience - and believe me, we've looked around. If you've been diving with Pepe's, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, you're in for a treat.

-Chris and Terri Johnsen

Visited February 2012

Northern Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“The Only One I Use...”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have been using Pepe Scuba for over 10 years. I visit Cozumel annually and have chosen Pepe Scuba over others for several reasons: 1) Location - I usually stay at Coral Princess so being on-site is a plus, 2) Services - Pepe's has two of the smaller, faster boats which hold about 8 divers. I don't care for the large, impersonal "cattle-herding" operators which put 12-20 divers in with one or two divemasters, and their boats are slower. Pepe's boats - although located at the north end of the island - often get to the southernmost sites before the large boats arrive. 3) Staff - the divemasters are attentive and knowledgeable to locations and features. I am an underwater photographer and videographer and often Frank will ask me what I'd like to do or see, and if the weather is permitting, he is glad to accommodate. I have captured octopus, sharks, eagle rays, seahorses, the elusive spotted toadfish, reef squid, etc. on video or photograph simply by expressing interest - the divemasters just seem to know where these creatures exist. Frank is also very kind and generous: a few years ago I hosted a Cancer Fund Drive in Cozumel in conjunction with the University of Chicago Cancer Research Foundaton and Frank was very accommodating. He also will run scuba/snorkeling boats if the divers aren't taking up all the spots... just inquire and he'll help you out. I am looking forward to the next visit in May and I'll be using Pepe Scuba again!

Visited March 2012
West Fargo, North Dakota
“Pepe Scuba does an excellent job!!!!”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I have been diving on the island for many years, once I found Pepe Scuba I wouldnt dive with anyone else! I found the staff to be very professional , knowledgable and most importantly Safe! Frank, the owner, has always been great to deal with. It doesnt matter what size group you have Frank has always come through for us! I would highly recommend Pepe Scuba!! Craig G W. Fargo ND

Visited March 2012
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent service and a very safe operation.”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

After diving with Pepe Scuba, located in the Coral Princess Hotel in the north hotel zone, I would continue using them. Max 8-10 divers, fast boats, well spoken and knowledgable dive masters. Overall a great experience. Frank the owner is very accommodating. Tom W. Brookfield, WI

1 Thank Tomw1240
Horseshoe Bay, Texas
“Beautiful Vacation”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Pepe Scuba Dive Shop is nestled in the Coral Princess Hotel with a scenic view. "Frank" Pepe is a very friendly guy. He and his staff were very accommodating to make our snorkeling/scuba diving a very enjoyable experience. The Hotel amenities and location made for a very pleasant vacation. We have made 3 visits since 2007 and looking forward to our next trip.

Visited February 2012