“If you love to scuba, you'll love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Scuba Club Cozumel

Scuba Club Cozumel
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
Menifee, California
“If you love to scuba, you'll love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2010

I stayed at Scuba Club Czumel earlier this month. A girlfriend recommended this wonderful resort; she stayed here about 10 years ago. My experience far exceeded my expectations. Simply put, the rooms are quiet, comfortable, and clean and offer million dollar ocean views. The food is good and the staff is friendly and accommodating. But most of all, the diving was fabulous. The reefs are breathtaking; be sure to opt the night dive! I highly recommend Scuba Club and look forward to returning early next year.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Lake Charles, La
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

This was my first dive trip and my first trip to Mexico, that being said, I try to be fair in my reviews.

Very easy transport from the airport via taxi ($7.50/person). Office staff were very courteous and helpful throughout my stay. My room was certainly clean and cool, showers had plenty of hot water (two of my important variables).

Staff at the dive shop were very helpful in rental of the equipment needed. My only complaint with equipment was the dive computer I rented for $9/day did not work very well - it did give depth and time, but was unable to give any other information (they exchanged for another on my second day - but still did not really help with how to use). My BCD and regulator worked fine. Very easy to take air tanks for shore diving - just take one and sign out.

We dove two out of three days (skipped the third to go 4 wheeling with my son). No complaints with diving or dive masters. Very helpful for a first time diver.

Front office staff was very helpful in arranging any other activities (ie moped rental, parasailing, and 4 wheeler excursion). For my son and I,we rather enjoyed getting around down via moped ($35/day rental), but downtown is only a 15 minute walk if you prefer. $5 by cab.

I did not particularly enjoy the food or the wait staff (we paid for breakfast and lunch) with our plan.

The resort itself is definitely geared for divers, easy access to shore diving, but would not be a great place if you want to sit on a beach. Wifi service was adequate. Fitness room not very good if you intend to work out. Swimming pool was small and dingy, but I wasn't interested in being in the pool, as are most of the clients are here for diving.

No need for exchanging money - everyone takes US currency, don't mess with pesos.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay, no major complaints. I would certainly consider staying here again, but might also consider other options with this being my only experience in Cozumel.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

My friend and I stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel in July '10. First let me say I was addicted to the hotel live webcam www.scubaclubcozumel.com. Upon arrival, I was totally surprised by how fabulous this resort was. It's simple, clean and well maintained. This is a Scuba Divers resort - thank goodness - none of the party folks or screaming babies to be found. Our room was clean and simple made extravagant by the panaromic water view. We bought a package that included four 2-tank dives + one 1-tank night dive, our room and all meals, (drinks extra). It was an excellent value for the money. Dives leave right from the hotel docks. There's outdoor showers, fresh water gear dips, and lockers to keep your dive gear (be sure to bring a lock) .....no carrying gear to our room, very helpful since there's no elevator. Dive shop for rental and sign ups are onsite. Resort dive shop is across the street. Large grocery store a couple blocks away. Main town for shopping is a long walk or few dollar cab ride. Resort is gated and has a security guard. Food Was Excellent!! Full meals with lots to choose from, fresh and great quality. Lunch was not a cheesy on the boat meal....it was back at the resort, full menu. A great thing after a fabulous dive. Dive crew were excellent. Diving was great, lots to see. Beware; the whole island wasn't taking travelers cheques when I was there. Also, on arrival at airport, there's no cabs. There's a vanpool you want to take (buy ticket indoors). Don't be fooled by the nice salespeople acting like they are your ride....they're selling something, and it's not a simply a ride to the hotel. Finally, there's mosquitos, so lather up! Bottom line; I loved my stay at this resort. I wanted great diving, a quiet location, good food, nice accomodations---and I got it all. Loved the quiet time on their hammocks in the shade right on the waters edge. Staff were all very kind and helpful. The owner is great and promptly answered all my email questions, making sure I had a great time. And I did. Can't wait to go back!

Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2010

There is a dive shop inside the hotel and their dive operation is top-notch. I higly recommend the twilight dive!!

We ar elooOn our first time traveling to Cozumel we managed to find Scuba Club Cozumel and WOW, it was amazing. Everyone is super friendly, the hotel is charming with heavy colonial influence, the rooms are big, clean and confortable and of course the food is really good.

There is a dive shop inside the hotel and their dive operation is top-notch. I highly recommend the twilight dive!!

We will be returning next year, and the one after that, and after :)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

This was my first visit to Scuba Club and I absolutely loved it. I was there for 10 days and in that time made 29 dives..!! They are located close to town but not IN town, which I like, great food, nice simple rooms, no TV's which I also like, great dive boats and dive masters who were very knowledgeable and good spotters underwater. I highly recommend this dive resort for anyone who enjoys making the best out of their dive vacation. I was recommended by a friend who has been there 34 times. I will definitely be back within the year. Thanx Scuba Club... and Jesus, who was my main dive master. Great guy. :))

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank BGoddard
McMinnville, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

I'm fairly new to diving, 60+ logged dives now, and I wanted to take my new wife on a pre-honeymoon if you will (deploying to Iraq). Scuba Club Cozumel wasn’t quite what I had expected from a 'resort' hotel, but once I understood that this place was about diving, I quickly came around to the right way of thinking, now my soon to be bride still likes the finer side of life, so she had to adjust a little. The drift dives, for the most part were very exhilarating. There were some definitely ‘must do’ dives while there were also some ‘wouldn’t do’ again dives. So make sure you check D2D or SB to see what dives you want to go on, if you’re with a group, see if you can convince the group and the boat captain that that is what you want to do. Three meals a day was great, great value, and plenty of food, alcoholic drinks were extra however, so keep track of your tab. You are not too far from town, make sure you visit the shops off the main street, you’ll get a better deal, those shops on the main street are all for the Cruise ships. The only other thing that caught me off guard was the gratuity wasn’t included, and that it was kind of expected, okay I don’t mind tipping for exception service but when it’s expected, I know personal preference….. With that said we tipped based on the formula that SCC provides for you I think we ended up with somewhere around: waiters and restaurant staff: $6 to $8 per day per person, Maitre 'D: it is a personal matter, Chambermaids: $2 to $4 per day per room, Divemasters: $4 to $6 per day per person, Boat crews: $3 to $5 per day per person, Bellhops: .75 to $1 per bag (arriving and leaving), all in all about $200 in tips, and remember its US Cash of course. Hope this helps you.

• Stayed January 2010
1 Thank Kjay_diver
Hailey, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2010

Thank you Scuba Club! From Henry in the Dive Shop to Jesus and the crew of the Reef Cat,
especially Manuel, we couldn't have received a better introduction to drift diving. Your professionalism, experience and friendliness helped us on our way to becoming good divers.
The food was too good to be true! Also, the other guests present were friendly, helpful and great fun! We'll be back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple