“Best vacation”
Review of Scuba Club Cozumel

Scuba Club Cozumel
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed August 21, 2008

Was my 2nd scuba trip and I was still a bit nervous. Luckily got in a room right by the restaurant and with the best view of the ocean. The rooms were okay, nothing spectacular but I didn't go for the rooms. The staff was awesome. Our dive masters and boat crew were fantastic. My dive master was perfect and helped put me at ease with my fears. The waters are beautiful and the diving was breathtaking. If I get to go back I want to stay at the Scuba Club cozumel again because I know I will be taken care of in the special way tourists are supposed to be.
Great place!!

• Stayed: August 2006
There are newer reviews for Scuba Club Cozumel

Reviewed June 8, 2008

Just got back from another trip to Scuba Club. Once again it was top notch! Its my home away from home. The staff is gracious and helpful.

The place is clean and quiet. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. Its close enough to town to walk but far enough away to avoid the chaos. The dive operation is fantastic. I dive all over the world and in Cozumel many times before, and the guys at Scuba Club always come up on top of my list.

The boats are roomy and comfortable. Every boat has a head, shade from the sun, fresh water, and emergency kits, a safe place to store my camera and a BIG rinse tank. I have not found a better dive op for photographers. The only part of my trip to Scuba Club that I didn't like was going home.

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed April 27, 2008

My husband and I loved staying at the Scuba Club Cozumel. He is a diver and I am a non-diver. The dives were great for him although one should be aware that they are drift dives. The food was amazing with huge, nutritious quantities. The menu was exquisite. The rooms lovely (but the beds are hard and pillows are a little inadequate). The Dive Masters /boat crews were wonderful. The snorkeling right in front for the non-scuba diver was great! A fabulous place for divers! An enjoyable week of stay. We were not impressed with the mandatory list of tipping but worked it out to satisfy ourselves.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2008

Scuba Club Cozumel is a super resort for diving and relaxing.
The food is copious and excellent, the rooms are spacious and simple, the service is friendly and courteous.
Abundant towels make the holiday enjoyable.
A short walk into town or to the large supermarket make the location ideal.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2008

We booked with Bay Adventures travel about a month in advance. Great deal coupled with frequent flier miles for the flight. We were there for 5 nights. Our primary reason for the trip was to get in a lot of dives....haven't been diving in over a year due to medical conditions and couldn't wait. Scuba Club caters to divers and it has everything you need. The food was pretty good, and probably a lot better than what you can get at the restaurants on the island. They didn't have Mexican FIesta night while we were there so that was disappointing. I think our room was the highest one up...had to walk up a lot of stairs, but the view was awesome and we got our exercise in. Our room was modest, yet nice. There were some little bugs/gnats that liked to come in at night and set up house in the bed, but that was our fault for having the door open too long. There is no TV or telephone, so be prepared for that. The diving was convenient and the dive boats were not too crowded. The shore diving was good to check out your gear and get a quick dive in at sunset or at night. There are some fish and critters out there to see. The hotel was in walking distance to downtown and shopping, there is also a Walmart type store across the road to stock up on snacks and drinks...just make sure you have pesos. Although they advertise a visa card there, they don't accept it or any other currency. We watched the SuperBowl on the big screen at Margaritaville and their chips and guacomole was great. The only snafu we had was on our departure at the airport when Delta did not have our NW reservation and it took us an hour to check in. Definitely will return to Scuba Club when we visit Cozumel again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 29, 2008

We had a great time at Scuba Club. The staff was excellent and the food was very good. My wife and I left the kids at home and went for a week of diving and relaxing. The divemasters were good, especially Luis (request him). Most all of our dives were for an hour plus and we were not rushed. The boats were excellent and we had no problems. Other people we visited with at other resorts reported being rushed and coming up with over 1500 PSI. The rooms were very spartan and there's not a lot of fancy stuff here. We knew that and loved it. The rooms have no TV or phone but with the numerous bars, etc. on the island you can keep up with the worlds happenings. The food was plentiful and authentic but you could still order your favorite US junk food off the menu. We gained weight on this trip. Many people we met at the resort had been coming here for years... The shore diving wasn't the best but was very easy to access at the hotel. We did a night dive right off the dock (fighting a little current) and saw octopus, scorpionfish, lobster, eels, and the other usual suspects. The only negative things about the resort is that they don't offer many other dives other than the two a.m. dives. There are some others but the afternoon activities seem to center around cervesas and siestas. Not that this is bad but we usually do 3 plus dives a day. The town is within a 10 minute walk. There is a "Chedraui" store ( a mini Super Wal-Mart with everything you'll ever need) within a 5 minute walk. The streets and people were very safe even late at night. US dollars are excepted everywhere, but you'll get pesos in change. The festival on Sunday evening in the downtown square is not to be missed. The cruise boats are everywhere and the cruisers are funny to watch with their beer bellies, black socks, and balloon hats bobbing as they stagger from bar to bar. The shopping is everywhere. But once you passed the gates into Scuba Club all that faded away.....Can't wait to go back...

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MTcaribtraveller
Reviewed February 3, 2008

I went to scuba club for spring break with my teen aged son. There were several other single parents with their teen aged sons and the boys banded together and had a blast. I went there to dive. I dive everyday. Scuba Club is a diving only hotel. And it's VERY accommodating for divers. They have a couple pools to rinse off your gear, lockers and every room has a patio to hang your wet clothes. The rooms are very basic. No t.v. or any other electronic device except a radio/alarm clock. I didn't see or use any computer while I stayed. However another review says there is one. The food was good. The BLT sandwiches are by special request and are the best I've ever had with the thickest, most bacon I've ever seen. My day looked like this, wake up, eat breakfast at hotel, go out to the pier right from the hotel, jump on a boat, dive, eat lunch at hotel, go around town or read a book in the afternoon on a hammock next to the ocean at the hotel, eat dinner at hotel, go out to Carlos and Charlies at night, repeat. The town center and very large grocery store are all within comfortable walking distance. I also enjoyed getting my gear on and jumping in the water right from the hotel to make sure I had the correct buoyancy before heading out on the boat. However, after the first shore dive from the hotel, it's pretty boring to do again. My only complaints are they didn't mail me their welcome letter. I missed the mini carnival at the town square on Sunday's, soft drinks and tips aren't included in the inclusive package. Also in the welcome letter was guidelines for tipping. I thought the tipping guidelines were excessive. You can't put tips on your credit card. They must be in cash and I wasn't prepared.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled with family