“Vacationing from Texas ”
Review of Scuba Club Cozumel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cozumel
Scuba Club Cozumel
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Been staying in this resort for 4 Year's. Very convenient to dive. The staffs are by far the friendly people I ever meet in Cozumel , make you feel like home, they will go out of there way to make you happy. Love the room and services.. I fully Recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rick G

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

This is the Hotel to stay at if you have come to Dive! Packages include a two tank boat dive in the mornings. You can then choose a wreck dive, twilight, or night dives for a fee or Shore dive for free the rest of the day.
Only complaint would be the hard beds (well the wife did complain about having to get up early everyday on her vacation)

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank pinshootr
Reviewed December 15, 2013

There are very few dive resorts that have things as together as Scuba Club Cozumel...in all the world. Everything is convenient and a great value. We will continue to go there, and do every year. Just got back, and can't wait to go again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Scott T
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I chose this resort because of it's close proximity to downtown and it's reasonable rates. What I experienced over a 3 week stay was incredible divemasters, great food, and quality staff throughout. I got to know many of the staff very well over that period. The supervisor at the dive shop (Henry) was knowledgeable and sharp. As a PADI Master Instructor I Consider myself as a significant critic. I saw him as sa great divemaster and dive shop manager. I found the divemasters awesome at finding things at at the same time very safety conscious, especially with the un-predictable currents.

The meals were exceptional. My only complaint is the food volumes. The food presentations were awesome but divers also need quantity. I would suggest slightly larger amounts for vegetables or a choice of 2 different kinds.

The management was amazing. I expect to return to this location in the near future with more divers from our area of Canada.

My only complaint is the lack of a television. It's a personable choice but most great resorts have them. Here the free WIFI is good but I like to keep current with the news.

I'd like to thank the cleaning staff for being the most honest team I have seen in many years of international traveling. It was never an issue and I did not hesitate in leaving my room un-locked.

I will be back!
Ray Martin
PADI Master Instructor

The restaurant staff and supervisors went out of their way to create an awesome environment with exceptional service

Room Tip: Choose a 3rd level room or higher if you want a great overall room. Stay away from rooms facing the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Ray M
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We just got back from Cozumel last night. Scuba Club Cozumel is great! We had the all-inclusive package with 5 days of diving and 3 meals each day. The dive shop is on-site, there are lockers in several locations on the property but you need to bring your own lock. You will be assigned to a boat for the duration of your trip so you get to know the routine and people on your boat. The first dive is a nice check-out dive for those who need to get comfortable in the ocean - still a really nice dive.
The rooms have safes, there is wifi and like other reviewers have mentioned, the floors are all tiled as they know we will be dragging wet suits in. They have drying bars outside each room, I recommend bringing your own hangers as the ones available were not strong enough to support our wet suits. The resort is close enough to town so you can easily walk without having to take a cab each day.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, hip or knee issues you need to let them know. If you ask for a part...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Beanctr999
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is not a luxury resort. This is a very functional resort. Scuba Club is ideal for divers. The accommodations are authentic Mexican style, (tile, hard surfaces). Air conditioners and fans in all the rooms. Almost every room is unique. There are outside storage lockers for your gear (bring your own lock). Your stay includes meals, diving, and accommodations. With reservation, you can dive here without staying here.

Most consistent weather is May and June. Nov to April can be great but is more weather dependent.

The mega store is within walking distance and has anything you could want.

Room Tip: Rooms are assigned but sometimes,depending on occupancy level, you can request or change rooms. The...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2mchfn
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My buddy and I spent a great week diving in Cozumel. This was my first trip to Cozumel, and I would definitely go back, and I would stay at SCUBA Club Cozumel again. The rooms were comfortable and clean and set up for divers. with drying bars outside the rooms to hang wet gear. Our room was one of the highest rooms at the resort, and offered great views of the ocean (though it was a bit of a hike up the stairs:)). The food was great and Mexican selections were always available. The dive operation was convenient and easy. Lockers were staged near the dive shop and at the shore dive entry point. Water was 83F and clear. The best dives were Palancar Caves and Paso de Cedral - turtles, sharks, lobsters, rays, angelfish, frogfish. Shore diving at the resort was fine, but not a lot of reef, though it still made for a good night dive. Sign up early in the week for a night dive and the wreck dive if you want ot do them. The dives happen when there are enough people to justify taking out the boat, and its easy to miss out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends