“Awfull. Bed full of antz and bugs! NOT CLEAN!”

Hotel Hermanos Aguilar
Ranked #42 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Awfull. Bed full of antz and bugs! NOT CLEAN!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

Horrible place. When we went to bed there came a lot of antz and other bugs out of the bed!!! When we ask for our money back The told us that it was our own fault!!! Very bad service. PLEASE Don't go here!!!!

Ps: also very old place with a lot of noise!

• Stayed February 2012
9 Thank anoes b

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Valladolid, Mexico
Reviewed March 12, 2012

PROS: close to centro, working AC, towels and soap provided
CONS: sneaky receptionist and unchanged sheets

My sister and I checked into the hotel on Thursday, March 1st. On Friday morning, we checked out, but after a long day decided to go back to the hotel for a second night. They gave us a room... which coincidentally was the room that we had the previous evening. We walked in and the room smelled like smoke. We opened the windows. Then when we pulled back our sheets, we realized that they were the same sheets we had used the night before. We talked to the receptionist who tried to make excuses but eventually called the cleaning lady. The cleaning lady informed us that they had rented out the room for "a few hours"... hence the smoke... and (gross!) dirty sheets.

Beware: the lady at the front desk is a sweetheart, but when she offers you a cheap rate on a rental car and doesn't require paperwork, she will try to take 8-10 dollars from the deposit you leave, claiming that "the gas tank wasn't filled where it should have been."

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the pool, away from the street.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank AndieLynn

Travelers are raving about these Cozumel hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 9, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights in mid-March. I got sick and couldn't dive, so I switched from a dive-centric hotel outside of town to a place that had a pool and was quiet at night. I needed to sleep, and eat some Mexican chicken soup, but wanted to spend my time walking around town and finding nice cafes to read at and practicing my Spanish, as long as I couldn't dive. This place was a great little find! Clean double room for $40/night. AC worked fine, the pool was clean and hardly used (most folks were out diving I suspect). I found the desk staff very helpful even though my Spanish was rudimentary...cleaning staff ws efficient and I would come back again, even if I weren't diving but were on a budget

Room Tip: The rooms inside the courtyard that don't face the street are fine. I asked to see the rooms bef...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank SirenaSue
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 13, 2011

What do you really need when you are on vacation? A place to sleep!.. Hotel Aguilar is safe, clean, has good hot water and air conditioning. PLUS it is downtown and a half block from the beach. Convenient for divers, shoppers and diners. The Aguilar family has always owned it and it has not changed in the 30 years I have stayed there. The pool and courtyard area are lovely and peaceful. There is also a small kiddie pool. I would recommend it to everybody. My children come there now with their little families.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank fishingbabe8
BARLING
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Nice small budget hotel. No bells or whistles. Clean rooms, A/C and hot water. Wireless internet in lobby area. Two blocks from plaza and one block from Melgar. Next door to Sorrisi Italian restaurant. You can walk to all the downtown areas from this budget hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
mpls
Reviewed March 3, 2007

went to the usual place and was dissapointed! the place is being cosmetically done -up to resell it and the management is as rude as ever! only the maids are polite and prices are way up with no discount for lenght or repeat!! will not repear here and am sad because it used to be good-post hurricane

Stayed February 2007
Kent Island, Maryland
Reviewed February 4, 2007

This review is for those of you want to do a trip to Cozumel inexpensively. Please see my reviews of El Presidente and Cozumel Palace if you prefer upscale accommodations. Hotel Aguilar is located on Calle 3 Sur, just up from Melgar, the ocean front road. It is $45 USD a night, which includes tax. It has two double beds, a small refrigerator, small bath, and good air conditioning. My dive shop stored my gear but I think gear storage would be a problem here. Lots of hot water for showers. Very basic, pretty clean. It has a pool but I never saw anyone use it. The pool could be better maintained. The office is staffed 24 hours per day and they are friendly.

Just through the parking lot in the back of the hotel is restaurant Sabores. A very nice place that serves lunch Monday through Saturday from noon until 4 p.m. The hotel is just around the corner from my dive shop, Aldora, and just up the street from their dock. It was the perfect location for my one-week visit. I limited my area to walk around and explore to Ave 30 to the east, Calle 8 North to the north, and Calle 7 Sur to the south, and Melgar to the west. I never needed a cab except when I came from the airport. I had a friend drop me off at the airport. There are lots and lots of restaurants in easy walking distance. So is San Francisco supermarket and Covi. When I had breakfast it was about three dollars, lunch about 5 dollars and dinner 7 to 10 dollars.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — beds
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank kentmorrdave