We stayed in this Hotel for six nights (three and three). We've been in Cozumel before, but never stayed overnight. We didn't want a resort and chose this place based on good feedbacks and because it's still in town, but in a quiet area.
The place is built in a old-spanish colonial style (well, like the names says). It looks really nice, quiet and comfy. The welcome was warm and friendly, free welcome drink included. The front desk does a really good job here and is always helpful.
The rooms (we had a ground-floor room for three nights and a two-floor room for another three nights) are quite dark. Both rooms we stayed had a mosquito problem (less problems on the first floor). Also the rooms are very damp, towels and wet clothes do not get dry here...I even got some mold on some of my clothes after our stay here. The rooms are not very clean or well maintained, but all come with a full kitchen.
Another problem was the room service. Towels and bed only get changed every other day (except your request a more often change). But our bed only was made once in our six nights. The last three night we never got fresh towels at all (even we told the front desk so).
It's too bad, because the place is actually very nice...but it starts to get and old and tired look. It would be too bad if it start to run-down even more. The rooms are quite spacious and the location is very good. At the north end of town, it's very quiet here and you still get to the Zocalo in only 15min by foot.
The courtyard is nice and green and relaxing. Take your (included) breakfast out here! There's coffee, juice, pastries, bread, jam and butter. Because it's so green it also attracts lots of bugs, so be aware.
So all in all it's a mixed bag. This place could be great, but with the problems it only gets an average rating...too bad, there's so much potential. And judged by the feedback it used to be better.
But next time, I guess we'll try out another town-hotel.
Wanna know more about my trips? Check my profile or visit: route66traveler.jimdo.com
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the most exclusive zone in the downtown of Cozumel the biggest island of Mexico in the caribbean where we combine colonial design with peace, the beauty of nature in an ambience full of tranquility, elegance and comfort. These gorgeous studios and suites have been decorated with rustic Mexican wood-carved furniture and have been equipped with: • Kitchen with refrigerator, freezer, stove and oven, coffee maker and kitchen utensils. • Purified bottled water. • Cable TV with remote control. • Air- conditioning. • Private bath with shower. Hot and cold water. • Hairdryer. • Safety deposit box. • Table and chairs in the one and two bedroom suites. • Daily continental breakfast served to rooms. • Internet Wireless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsforEveryone, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hacienda San Miguel Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda San Miguel Cozumel
- Hacienda San Miguel Hotel Cozumel