“Lovely hotel but could not sleep!!!”

Hacienda San Miguel Hotel & Suites
Ranked #11 of 25 Cozumel B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 1, 2012

The hotel was nice and staff was helpful, but the house next door has dogs and they bark all night long. If you want any sleep do not stay here.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank L A

Reviewed October 24, 2011

We are both Scuba Divers and have visited Cozumel twice in the last 2 years. On our first trip to Cozumel we decided to stay at one of the resorts a couple miles outside of San Miguel. After 3 miserable days and food poisoning we decided to change hotels and found Hacienda San Miguel. If you are seeking a huge party scene and late nights the Hacienda San Miguel is probably not for you. However If you want to experience some of the local culture, don't mind walking, (there is no parking) and appreciate excellent service the Hacienda San Miguel might just be for you.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Michelle F
Reviewed March 10, 2011

The staff were all very sweet. I want to thank Eva, Linda and Coral for all of their
professionalism and hospitality. When my wife and I encountered some difficulty, they went out of their way to make it right for us, which I greatly appreciate. The hotel itself is very pretty; the courtyard is beautiful, and the room we stayed in was very nice, although the AC unit needed some repair. This was minor, as it definitely had lots of cold air, but was either full-on or off.
Another thing I noticed that recommends this hotel is that most of the other guests we met are repeat customers who come to stay every year for extended vacations. If a person is willing to return again and again year after year, it says much about the facility and the people.
Everywhere in downtown is within walking distance, which is nice, but if you rent a car be aware that there are very few parking spaces in the road near to the hotel entrance. I often had to park our rental car around the block. Even though downtown was just blocks away, the street was very quiet at night, and we had no trouble sleeping. This hotel was a great value, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jvberg
Reviewed March 9, 2011

The room was clean, but the beds were like concrete and both my husband (6 ft.) and I (5'8") had to duck our heads going into the bathing area. The ceilings were so low in this area that the mirrors had a great view of our bellys, kind of hard to do your hair and make up. There is absolutely no parking and we often had to park our car several blocks from the hotel and felt tike our rental car was unsecured. The staff were pleasant but not very friendly or helpful at times. The breakfast consisted of (almost) orange juice and buns with fresh coffee. Pretty skimpy. The price was exceptional, but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank onenana5
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I am looking forward to booking another stay at La Hacienda San Miguel in the near future. It is a great little hotel as Gisela and her staff are wonderful hosts. The hotel is located a half block from the ocean on the northern edge of San Miguel's shopping area. It is also convenient to great restaurants off of the main street - La Choza is an excellent choice. I came to Cozumel for scuba diving. Although dive operators do not pick divers up at hotels in this area, it is only a 10 to 15 minute ride via scooter to the marina where dive boats dock. Since my dive operator, Living Underwater, left the dock at 7:40, hotel staff served my continental breakfast earlier than their serving normal times. After my daily dives, I relaxed in La Hacienda's beautiful courtyard, with some wine, cheese, and crackers. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank scubadude222
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Antonio,Maria and the whole staff were fantastic.It is close enough to some great eateries and the Square,to walk.Rented scooters after Antonio lent us some snorkels.This was our second stay at the Hacienda.The whole staff will give you points of interest to see. We consider these and more residences our amigos now.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank ezhider1
Reviewed May 13, 2010

My husband and I booked a week stay at the Hacienda San Miguel through Orbitz. The pricing was right and the hotel looked close enough to the good restaurants off the main street, as well as the nightlife on the main street. The location turned out to be perfect for us! We didn't need the big fancy resort or pool, so this place was perfect. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. Air conditioning and full kitchen was included. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well. They are organized and very curteous. The location is quiet, but still close to everything. I'm sure we'll be back to Cozumel, and I don't need to look up another place to stay, as I will be staying at this hotel again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple