“Best kept secret!”

Buena Ventura Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Buena Ventura Diving strives to provide legendary service to all levels of divers. We cater to small groups, families with snorkelers and divers, scuba instruction, cruise ship passengers. We have flexible departure times to fit your schedule, we stay away from the crowds and take great care with our valued customers. We have been taking trips out for over 15 years- our service sets us apart from the rest. We encourage you to customize your trip and make reservations before your arrival.
Park City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best kept secret!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I have been diving for 20 years and our daughter just got certified. Jorge and Victor couldn't have been more accommodating to our entire group. They picked us up right in front of our rental. They supplied towels, delicious fresh fruit and cold water. They picked great dives based on the experience of the group. The best part is only 7 divers can fit on the boat. Heidi helped us organize everything so we didn't have to worry about anything upon our arrival. These guys are serious professionals and a lot of fun!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Kate S

Richmond, Texas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Everyone I dealt with during my journey with Buena Ventura Diving was great! I scheduled my certification class/ dives over the phone and email prior to my arrival. It was easy to find and it was pleasantly easy! Ricardo was patient with me as we spent 3 mornings together!

Visited April 2012
Parker, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I were on a cruise to Cozumel and knew we might have some time to get a 2-tank dive in while we were there. I went to TA and found Buena Ventura and initiated contact with Heidi. She was very quick to respond and very helpful in getting us lined up. We arrived a bit late into Cozumel but prior to arriving, while still on the ship, I emailed Heidi about being late and she very quickly got back to me and said "no worries". We got into port, grabbed a cab to Caleta Marina and very easily found Victor and Jorge - and that we were e only two on the boat! Victor and Jorge were great and since we didn't have a lot of time they had to take us pretty close by. First dive we saw turtles (4), nurse shark and the largest parrot fish I've ever seen. Surface interval was a dockside tie-up with bottled water and fresh fruit which was great. 2nd tank was just as great as e first. The boat was very clean, Jorge and Victor were top notch and fun to be with. Great trip!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Bill L
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“These guys are outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had two scubas, three snorkelers, and a didn't want to swim, but we all had the best time. Two tanks, lots of snorkeling. We stopped on a remote beech for awhile. Victor and Jorge are great guys with good humor. They both take their jobs seriously and still have loads of fun. The dive equipment was in great shape, the boat was clean and quiet. We had some rough seas on the way in, but Victor road the waves and corrected speed to give a ride that didn't beat us up. These guys take pride in making sure you are enjoying yourself, and Victor's homemade guacamole is the best. If I make it to Cozumel again, I will definitely trust our fun to Buena Ventura. Thank you so much Heidi.

Visited January 2013
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked a Discover Scuba 2 tank dive based on the good reviews through Trip Advisor. (Discover SCUBA is for people who are not certified in SCUBA and you take a short class and can only go to 40 feet). We were staying at the Cozumel Palace and they picked us up for our dive right from our hotel. Nice! Our dive was on a Sunday at 1:30 and there were only 4 people on our dive (we all booked together).

Ricardo took us to a location where we were only in about 5 feet of water and proceeded to teach us the basics of SCUBA. He was very patient and thorough and made sure that each of us knew the hand signals, could clear our masks, could put our mouthpiece back in and clear it 2 different ways before he took us to the location of our first dive. My friend was really nervous and decided she didn't want to go. We asked her to at least try it and then get out if she didn't like it. Ricardo was VERY patient with her and stuck right by her side and within minutes she was acting like she had SCUBA'ed all her life. Glad he was patient with her so she could get the experience.

We went to 2 different locations. The first had lots of reefs and was beautiful. Not much current, lots of fish, coral and sea life. The second was more of a drift dive in a flatter grassier area. We got to see sea turtles which I love! But not too much else.

The day after this dive, a woman went missing diving in Cozumel at the Planacar reef (so far, she has not been found). She was NOT USING THIS COMPANY but it did make me think about things that could be done to keep people safer. We were not told to stay with partners. ALWAYS have a partner and know where they are at ALL times. One person in our group was having troubles with his ears and did not go as deep as us. At one point, his wife and I could not see him. Maybe Ricardo had his eyes on him, but there should have been no point where we did not know where he was, and especially if he had been assigned a dive partner. I do feel like we were kept safe in a small group, but knowing that things happen in the ocean, please make sure that whatever company you go with, you do all that you can to be safe. Have a partner and at all times know where each other is.

I highly recommend Buena Ventura. The crew was very nice, the locations were beautiful and I did feel like I was pretty safe. And I had a GREAT time!

Visited January 2013