“Definitely will come back to dive with Alex Scuba”
Review of Alex Scuba

Alex Scuba
Ranked #23 of 295 Outdoor Activities in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: SCUBA Diving in Cozumel has become more a business than an adventure. Alex Scuba goes back to the basics, rescuing the true spirit of diving and helping every diver experience the excitement of exploring Cozumel’s underwater world. Alex Scuba delivers a great experience with their patient, friendly staff, an easy-going, laid-back atmosphere at every stage of your diving trip/SCUBA course AND their sincere desire to make your diving experience the highlight of your vacation!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 24, 2014

As a solo diver, choosing an appropriate place and dive shop has been my headache. Alex provides both comfy accommodation and professional dive service which made my trip a pleasant and memorable experience.

Firstly about the dives. The dive boat is big enough for people to walk on it, take sunbath on the deck, during wavy days it is better than small boat because I don't feel seasick on this big boat. For the three days diving, I have never been to the same dive site twice, and every dive site has some surprise. Saw turtles, nurse shark, eagle rays(a lot), and amazing coral reefs and abundant other fishes. Bottom time is always at least 60 minutes(unless low in air), which makes the dives long enough to enjoy the view. Alex always guides or teaches by himself and pays attention to every detail. He knows the water condition in Cozumel, which is extremely important in a place full of drift diving. During the three days diving, no matter how many divers we have, we never lost any group member in the current.

Then the place to stay is Alex's own home, clean and has everything you need, even a fridge and coffee machine. I could sneak into his kitchen and steal something to eat. Before I came to Cozumel, I was worrying about what I can do after the dive. No need to worry about this at all, Alex took us to local restaurants and try all kinds of Mexican cuisine and drinks. My favorite part of the day is that Alex asked us what we want to eat for dinner, whatever we said, he always had the idea of where to go and we were always satisfied with the food. He would also like to pick up customers stay at other hotels and hang out together.

In all, I can tell that Alex Scuba doesn't treat diving as business, but as a way of living and making friends. I would definitely recommend it to other divers and come back again, because there are so many dive sites I haven't been to yet.

1  Thank Chu Z
in 24 reviews
"surface interval"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Just got back from doing my 4 open water dives for my certification, and 2 towards my Advanced. Alex, Raul and all the staff were awesome. They explained the dives well, the equipment was good, the dives locations were amazing and they were very patient and helpful to everyone on board. Very well organized and run operation. You can't go wrong diving with them no matter what level diver you are.

1  Thank groovemaster007
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Enjoyed every part of it. Well filled tanks, great equipment, and a lot of fishes, lobsters, turtles and even an eagle ray was spotted. Good refreshments between the dives.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We met up with Alex and his crew for diving off the coast of Cozumel and had a blast. It was my second dive and my buddy's first. We wanted to be PADI certified, but didn't have time to go through training before leaving the states. I was relieved to find that we didn't need all that...Our instructor was both knowledgeable and patient. He briefed us on the things most important to know & did a test dive in shallow water. Following that, we explored 2 beautiful reefs about 40 ft down. The instructor was watching over us the whole time. Out of all things we did while in the Yucatan area of Mexico, this was the most memorable. Great job guys!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed diving with Alex Scuba. The diving was spectacular and Adrianne, our dive master was excellent. I felt very comfortable with him in charge with my children underwater. The sea-life was incredible and Andrianne made sure to point out lots that we might not have otherwise seen. But it would have been hard to miss the turtles, eagle rays and shark! Memories to last for a lifetime. I would certainly recommend Alex Scuba again. The only thing I would say is that if you are looking for a fast boat over a comfortable boat, you might want to look at a different outfit. Alex's boat was very comfortable, but it was not very fast and there were stops along the way to pick people up at other docks that added time traveling to the dive locations. But if you are not in a hurry and are looking for a competent group of dive masters who will put you in beautiful spots with extensive sea life, Alex Scuba was a great choice for us.

2  Thank Murphy0612