“A Unique and Needed Experience on Cozumel”
Review of Cozumel Bar Hop

Cozumel Bar Hop
Ranked #1 of 22 Nightlife in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are MORE than just a tour that visits bars... We’re an experience that makes you feel like, well, celebrating!. Our Hop is the best way to meet new people and fellow travelers from all over the world, while experiencing some of the cool, rustic beach bars and wonderful, unspoiled scenery. Most tourists have never even seen the unique beauty of the east side, where you won't find resorts, houses, crowds... not even electricity! Cozumel Bar Hop is dedicated to showing our guests the "other side’s" stunning stretch of secluded beaches, away from the masses..."The only hop tour that takes you off the tourist trail!"
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Colleen was great and a great mix of local history and local interest stories. Best was the variety of the four beach bars visited - each distinctively different. The time spent at each was perfect. We say needed experience because this side of the island is more what beach bars are all about -- not the San Miguel stuff. Great escape from the resorts and cruise ship fare....

1  Thank CLT_Gamecock
Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)
All reviews
"our tour guide"
in 131 reviews
"free shot"
in 27 reviews
"the peanut butter tequila"
in 16 reviews
"signature drink"
in 14 reviews
"coconut shrimp at rastas"
in 13 reviews
in 26 reviews
"cruise ship"
in 69 reviews

Reviewed June 3, 2014

What an awesome unforgetable tour! The sand, the beaches, the scenary! The tequila!!!! Everything!!! We will take this trip everytime we go back!

1  Thank Mortgagegal1
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked this as a day trip whilst my sister in law had our son at the hotel to give is a day together and let me tell you we were not disappointed!! Our guide Greg was amazing... and full of knowledge having lived there for many many years. They take you to some beautiful bars with views to absolutely die for... The drinks and food are amazing..and everyone is so friendly. I would recommend pacing yourself with the drinks though. And please don't be put off my the name...it's not a rowdy bar crawl...its much much more than that. .If you want peace and quiet you can have that and get a table to yourself at the bars and take in the most amazing scenery and atmosphere or you can join in the fun! We had a wonderful mix of people on our trip of all different ages and you can have as much fun as you allow yourself to! myself and my hubby go back to Mexico I August next year. .and our only regret is that we can't do the bar hop..because by then we will have 2 children and no babysitter for the day this time! My advice if you are thinking about doing this trip is.... BOOK IT! You will not regret it..

1  Thank Natalie S
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Sometimes when every review is great, you wonder..."How could it be that good?" Well, this excursion is THAT GOOD!!! We chose to do this on our cruise ship stop in Cozumel. Took a short taxi ride ($8 for up to four people) from the pier to downtown and had no problem meeting up with the rest of the tour group...14 people total. Met Colleen our super friendly, knowledgable tour guide and Carlos, our driver and off we went. We had a 30-40 minute ride to our first stop and Colleen spent that time sharing her love and history of Cozumel. Each of the four beach bars we stopped at were amazing. You truly cannot believe the beauty of the beach and the sea on this preserved side of the island. Drinks and food at each stop were delicious; however, we were disappointed that they had run out of the coconut shrimp at Rasta's, the last stop. Favorite bar was Coconuts...great atmosphere, music, people and drinks!!! The Western Caribbean itinerary has not been my favorite for a cruise...now I want to do it all the time so we can do this again!!!

3  Thank pkleinJersey