“Great tacos, real local place”
Review of Chilangos Taqueria

Chilangos Taqueria
Ranked #121 of 411 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Great Food Value with Full Service off the tourist path! Famous for Huaraches loaded with choices and Freshly squeezed Lemonade
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Excellent quality food on 30th Avenue, a genuinely local place with very low prices. No english, but we had no spanish and managed by the trusted point and grunt method just fine.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Very tasty Huaraches and quesadillas. My buddies loved the mushrooms on theirs. I would go back but prefer other option that are nearby.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Don't let the rustic appearance of Chilangos fool you -- the food here is fresh and tasty. During my stays in Cozumel, I'll eat here about once a week. Their specialty (Huaraches) are made to order and abound with flavor. One is enough to feed most folks and costs 28 pesos (approx. US$2.15) Throw in a cerveza or a tall glass of jamaica (chilled sweetened hibiscus tea) and you're still paying under 60 pesos or less than US$5.00. What a deal!

In a rush? Order at their to-go window. Service is fast and well-wrapped.

Hurrah for Chilangos! I'll be back soon.

How to find: Walk along Calle Rosado Salas southeast away from the malecon (Rafael E Melgar, the waterfront road) exactly six blocks. When it becomes a divided roadway, this will be 30 Avenida. Cross 30th, turn right, then walk along 30th exactly 1-1/4 blocks. Look for the bright yellow building with "CHILANGOS" written over the door. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We ate all over the island, and can't say we had a bad meal anywhere, however we were rapidly spending our food money. We were so lucky to find Chilangos via tripadvisor! We were able to eat very well here for less than $5/person.

This is not a fancy restaurant. It's not a chain either. It's a well run, clean family owned restaurant which specializes in Huaraches and Quesadillas. If you're like me, you may not have ever heard of a huarache. Well, I don't have any photos to add, but other trip-advisor members have already added some. I'd say a huarache is like a large soft taco. They offer them with a huge variety of toppings, meats, and vegetables. Be adventurous, and we doubt you'll find yourself disappointed.

Don't expect too much, however unlike most taquerias, someone will actually come to your table to take your order. Most taquerias require counter service, which isn't nearly as pleasant (in our humble opinion).

A gentleman named Alejandro took our order, and we were able to watch Chef Jesus prepare our food right in front of us. Oh! I almost forgot to mention... They have perhaps the best lemonade we've ever had. They prepare it to order using fresh limes/lemons. I'm diabetic, and they were nice enough to make mine with SPLENDA! Wow, it was super-refreshing, and a great value! They also have ICE (not every place on the island offers ice).

Fast service, Really Good Food, Spectacular Value!

1  Thank Roberto S
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is wonderful and a must do each year. Where else can you get a meal including a beer for under $4? The burritos are huge and you pick from a list of fillings painted on the wall. If you are uppity, pretentious, or worry more about the way food is presented....then don't go hear....if you want to eat a good simple meal like the locals...go here! Oh yeah ...and I drank water that wasn't bottled and I didn't die.

1  Thank banderella