“Fantastic photo walking tour -- can't stop talking about it”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cozumel Photo Tour

Cozumel Photo Tour
Ranked #95 of 281 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Explore Cozumel's most exciting locations with your personal tour guide and photography instructor Tati on the Cozumel Photography Tours: The Cozumel Photo Tour - Classic The Island Tour The Street Photography Tour The Plants & Gardens Tour Also available: Private Tours and Tours for Groups
Paradise, Texas
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Fantastic photo walking tour -- can't stop talking about it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My thanks go to Tati for a really great morning. I was looking for something else fun to do and found the reviews for her photo tour here on TripAdvisor. I am so thrilled I did! Once I pressed the book it button, she contacted me with a great email asking when I would be there. After settling in on the details, the $25 Paypal deposit was super easy. Even if you don't have PayPal (I think). We were staying on Playa del Carmen so I caught the ferry at the time she indicated was best and I was off to Cozumel.

Once you get off the ferry, it is about a 15 minute walk north of the ferry. The walk is along the ocean and on the other side of the shops so no one is stopping you trying to entice you to shop. Tati greeted me with a huge smile and we were off. I can't say enough about this lovely tour. Tati is gracious, patient, kind and incredibly knowledgeable about her craft. This tour is something she does "on the side" as she does travel photography and many other things as well.

Don't be afraid of taking this course if you have a simple point and shoot camera. Mine is a small Canon with a wheel on the top that allows you to take it off of AUTO to other things like portrait, landscape and program. She doesn't even bring a camera of her own -- she is strictly there to teach you to use your camera. She talked about where to place things in your shot, close up photography (macro) and how to do it, angling so as to eliminate distracting items, low-light photography and white balance.

She gave me an option to go into a small museum (for a small fee) where she could show me what do to with white balance and low light. I am SO glad I did so do opt for that. I had no idea what AWB meant and now I'm an expert.... :-)

Along the way, she told me about Cozumel's history, nature and other very interesting tidbits. I am so thrilled that I used what she taught me on the rest of my trip!

I love the suggestion that a reviewer had to hire her to do a family photograph. I know her photos, based on her website, are awesome.

I would highly recommend this trip to anyone who has a camera. Thank you, Tati!!!

Visited September 2013

Hamburg, Germany
“Perfect match! Now I know my cameras AND Cozumel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Last week I booked the Cozumel Photo Tour with Tati Biermas.
Great decision!
She is an award winning professional photographer who amongst others has worked for German television for many years.
We met near the city center and went off.
During the tour, we learned interesting things about camera settings, sight angles, Cozumel, the Maya and life in Mexico. We also were given also helpful tips for everyday life on the island. It is therefore wise to do the tour right at the beginning of your holiday. :-)
Tati took a lot of time for each participant on the tour stops. She chose various locations with various conditions. (Light, shadow, motion, water ect.) Finally we all had great pictures and we now know much more about our cameras.
I've learned from Tati that you can make great pictures with almost any camera, if you only know how to use them :-) Although it is certainly helpful, as a hobby photographer you not necessarily need to have "high-end" equipment.
I brought two cameras. My small old Sony Cybershot and Nikon D80. Now I know:
it's not just about the camera settings, you also need to develop an eye for how to put the motive in the right spotlight.

If you are interested in photography and you are at Cozumel this tour is a MUST. You will have a good time at a nice place with a professional and sympathetic tour guide.

Enjoy!!!

Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Family portraits by Tati were awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Tati is amazing and fun! This review is not for her photo tour (we didn't take it). Instead, we hired Tati, based on much research, for our family beach portraits while on vacation to Cozumel in July. I didn't know where else to post a review, so I hope this is ok. We were very impressed with how comfortable she quickly made our family of four. She is great with young kids!! I highly recommend her photography. Our portraits turned out amazing!! Thanks, Tati, and we'll see you next summer for another round of photos:))

Visited July 2013
Fredericton, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Awesome day!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Where do I begin? Upon booking a trip to Cozumel I went in search of activities! My hubby loves photography and I thought what better way to familiarize ourselves with the town and enjoy taking some great pictures! I searched through the reviews and came upon Tati! Now Tati is a wonderful woman! She has a love of Cozumel and insight into to great photography! Communication through email was wonderful. She was a pleasure to deal with and answered all my questions quickly and graciously. I knew we were in good hands. She is extremely knowledgeable and better than that she gets great pleasure on sharing that knowledge. My hubby the photographer and I the novice thoroughly enjoyed our walking tour with Tati. Her passion for Cozumel and photography were contagious. We learned a ton about this island and got some amazing shots! Book with confidence Tati will show you the real Cozumel and you'll have beautiful photos to remember it by! Thanks Tati!
Tammy and Terry Kelly

Visited August 2013
Republic, Missouri, United States
“Tati is the BEST!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is my 2nd time to tour with Tati---she is AMAZING! She taught me so much about my two different cameras and about taking great pictures! She combined theory with exercises and many great experiences! She knows so much about the island as well. I have visited the island 10+ times and she still showed me new things and new perspectives on things I had visited many times! I cannot say enough good things about her and her tour!

Her shorter tour is great for beginners---I did that one the first time and it made an IMMEDIATE difference in all of my picture taking. The longer island tour was unbelievable--she improved my picture taking even more and made me more aware of my capabilities as a novice photographer and how to use my different cameras more effectively.

Setting the tour up was a breeze! I just messaged her on FB and she walked me right through it! Not to mention how reasonable the price was for all of her knowledge and attention.

Tati is very conscientious and is very concerned about making her customers happy and about truly teaching you about photography. Her experience is tremendous and she is a lot of fun to be with during the tour!

I would recommend her to everyone! If you are new to photography or don't think you can take great pictures---she will bring you further in your photography than you can possibly imagine!

I will definitely take her tour again and again!

Visited July 2013