“Good fire roasted pizza, great view”
Review of Rolandi's

Rolandi's
Ranked #18 of 389 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rolandi¹s Restaurant Bar & Pizzeria As you enter the restaurant you can sense the romantic, old world aromas emanating from the kitchen and the wood fired oven. The inside dining room is air conditioned, and then the view expands from the waterfront terrace to the beautiful Caribbean. A relaxing view from the covered terrace offers gorgeous sunsets and dive boats gently crossing the seascape. The terrace bar is a great place to meet people day or night. Serving your favorite cocktail and premium liquors with an incredible view and relaxing ambiance. An extensive Italian menu, inspired with a passion for taste, includes local seafood, veal, pasta and of course, wood fired pizza. All the seafood is prepared fresh with fresh herbs and high quality olive oil. Always ask for the catch of the day and pairing it with the right wine is easy. The wine selection is excellent and reasonably priced. The menu makes you want to come back for more. Rolandi¹s looks and feels very upscale but the prices say otherwise. The food is amazing. The location is ideal with a fantastic view and a friendly staff. This is a beautiful spot to celebrate life and eat with a loved one.
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The pizza crust was thin and crisp, the toppings fresh. Each pizza was considered a personal size, but our table of 4 split two pizzas and it was fine. Great garlic bread anda wonderful view of the sea. Little dock below us was lit up so you could see fish in the surrounding waters. We were there about 7 pm and the restaurant was empty. Kind fo had me worried, but others came strolling in about 8 pm.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

For some reason, when on vacation, my family craves Pizza. Rolandi's was a nice surprise. They have great fire roasted pizzas. Just as every restaurant we went to on Cozumel, the service was great. The best was the Ceasar salad which had a generous serving of shredding aged Parmesan cheese. They also serve a great garlic bread. The restaurant is right next to Margaritaville which provided us with entertainment watching the kids and the adults play on the floating toys in a more tranquil setting.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Good food and service. Good Italian. Had a rowdy group of drunks that probably poured out of one of the local balloon on the head establishments earlier, so bad language and overall inconsideration for others dampened the atmosphere.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I had been to the old Rolandi's inCozumel in the years past and also to the one in Cancun. My wife and I were very happy to see the new one. The Atmosphere of the old one was classic but the new one has that current Cozumel Waterfront look. The dining area overlooks the water and in the evenings it is quiet. The service was very good and food was great. Please have the seafood dishes and of course the pizzas. We returned with a client that we had run into a few days later and enjoyed another great meal and our bill was $169USD for 6 people which included apps, main courses and drinks. Can't wait to go back to Cozumel to have dinner there again.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We have been visiting Cozumel annually and Rolandi's has been a favorite since it opened. Last night was a real disappointment. The service was good, the food was mediocre, and the way the bill was dealt with was infuriating. As noted, the risotto is NOT risotto but rice. It was also poorly prepared and runny. It wasn't even good rice and not smooth like risotto should be. The mixta salad was mostly iceberg lettuce, and the bitter core at that. Only two choices of dressing (Italian and French) and it came way over dressed. When the bill came it was my choice to pay in USD or Mexican pesos. It was to my advantage to pay in USD and I did. My change came back in a mix of USD and pesos and was short between 5 and 10% at ANY exchange rate I'd seen this trip. I quizzed the waiter and was told he was out of USD. For the first time in literally months in Cozumel, I tipped well under 20%. If I go back, it will only be if I have exact change. Dinner for 2 was mediocre and with 2 drinks and dessert was $70 US (including the money lost in the unintentional exchange). I've have better food almost everywhere on the island for half this price or less. The view, the service, and the atmosphere garner the 3 rating. The food was at best a 2 last night and in the past the food has been a solid 4. Rolandi's *was* a favorite and I looked forward to going there. It was very disappointing. I won't recommend it again and may or may not give it another shot.

1  Thank RVa_Don