“Terrible Service”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Felt like we were not wanted in the restaurant. Won't go back. Diaz up the street has better service and food.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

Came here on our second night in Cozumel and wasn’t exactly sure what to expect but our friends have been here before and said it’s the best tacos! They were right too! We had a big group of 14 of us and we were seated with no problems at all..... the menu is on the wall and it’s in Spanish so best to study up or resort to google lol! The tacos were amazing and I would definitely come back! The only small complaint I have was my husband had to wait about 15 minutes to get his food after everyone had gotten there’s! I’m not sure why the mix up but the restaurant fixed it by not charging for his food! Very relaxed and laidback here! Perfect end to a perfect night in Cozumel! We took a cab to get here which was probably 14 bucks whole way divided by the 14 of us.... can’t be that at all! Highly recommend!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 11, 2018

We ate here on our last night because of someone we met who moved to Cozumel from the U.S. a year ago. Probably our best meal of our trip. Everything was so fresh and flavorful. while the "decor" is not as pretty as other places which cater to the tourists, this far, far exceeded many of the popular restaurants with regard to food quality. It's the real traditional food and we were sorry we found it on the last day.

We had 3 different types of pique and loved them all! Try the pastor & archarrata (sp?) (marinated steak) varieties. The frijoles especial was excellent!

Yes, it was hot and we didn't sit in the patio area due to mosquitos, but it was soooooo worth it!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Traditional Mexican fare served al Fresca. Excellent food. Bring bug spray. I am not the target of mosquitoes, but those who are should plan accordingly for the summer months. There was a cloud of Off in the air.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We have been going to Cozumel for years and this one of our favorite stops. We go here at least 3 times for every trip. It is our go to cheap eats stop! The tacos are always fresh and we enjoy the service. Definitely try to Frijoles especial and their guac. I haven't had a taco there I don't like, most recently I have come to love the Chuleta, but the bistec and pastor are also great! As to my knowledge they are open for dinner only.

Date of visit: May 2018