“Yummy Italian”

New Especias
Ranked #122 of 386 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An Authentic and Cozy Italian Restaurant in the Wonderful Cozumel Island!!! (We moved from ITALIANINI!!!)
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We gave this place a try last night for dinner. Our son had Lasagna and i gave it a try and WOW i was very impressed and i come from an italian family. I had the pasta with tuna and my husband had filet mignon. We were all very happy with our choices.
Service was good as well
We will go back

There are newer reviews for New Especias

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This is a great little place off the main plaza in Cozumel. The owner is from Rome and imports his ingredients from Italy. It's upstairs so there is no interference from the street and there is a little terrace to sit on if you choose.I had the Lionfish special with Chardonnay. So wonderful and fresh. Great service. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Had a great meal at this restaurant last night. Tried Lion Fish for the 1st time and it was delicious. Our waiter was very attentive, and over all service excellent. The menu is varied, and I'll have to go back to try some other dishes. Prices are reasonable, and it was pleasant to sit out on the upstairs balcony and enjoy the breeze. The wine bar downstairs is very cute, and when friends visit, I can see us sitting there and enjoying some great wine. Try this place, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We decided to give this (our second try) after the New Especias took over. We enjoyed it so much in the days of Adrian owning it with Abraham playing the guitar. Things change and this second experience of the New Italian Especias was much better. We had a new waiter who was excellent and friendly, salads were fresh, seafood and pasta very good. We took our time and ordered/ shared the hot chocolate cake which melted in our mouths it was so good!!

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Vacationing in Cozumel, my boyfriend took me there for my birthday because we heard so many good things about this restaurant and its chef. We had dinner on the balcony and were made to feel like family by the waitstaff. The prices are right and the food was fantastic! Homemade pasta and deserts made in-house from family recipes. The chef came out from the kitchen to talk to us about our dinner and joined the waiters in a lovely serenade of Happy Birthday to me. A perfect evening. Go there!