“Excellent meal with excellent service”
Review of New Especias

New Especias
Ranked #122 of 386 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An Authentic and Cozy Italian Restaurant in the Wonderful Cozumel Island!!! (We moved from ITALIANINI!!!)
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have been traveling to Cozumel for over 40 years and really try hard to find the best places to eat dinner. An Italian friend that lives in Cozumel introduced me to New Espacias. This place is a small restaurant with a bar on the first floor and restaurant on the second floor. They just introduced a new menu (the first of October) and I cannot wait to bring friends back when I return in January. I had two glasses of Merlot and started with the Caprice Salad. Then Fettuccini Bolognese for my main meal and the Teri Mirsui for dessert. The entire meal was $34 and I enjoyed everything as much as anywhere I have visited in Cozumel. The staff was very helpful and the service was great. They are very much worth your visit. It is an open-air venue but very comfortable.

There are newer reviews for New Especias

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went there on August 26th for dinner....this was one of the best real Italian meal we have taken on the Island for a long time.

The Lion fish tagliatelle al pesto and it was great with an entree of Calamari.

Will go back in December

Reviewed September 2, 2013

As an absolute lover of Italian food it was an amazing experience to discover this charming restaurant in Cozumel. The food was just amazing! And for the first time in my life, Lion Fish cooked in a fabulous gnocchi dish. We also had the pleasure to chat with the chef (who is a young Roman) and his wife. Fabulous dinner! Definitely a must!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is another one of the restaurants we went to twice over the course of a 10 day visit. It is an Italian restaurant but does not do pizza.

The prices are average but the food is good and the staff are great. We seemed to spend ½ our time in the restaurant chatting and picked up a good deal of local info in the process.

I ate a shrimp and mushroom fettuccini special on the first visit and gnocchi on the second visit and can recommend either. The highlight of both trips was the chocolate dessert. It is served hot so it did take some time to prepare. It is some sort of chocolate cake with a molten chocolate center dripped with chocolate sauce. We ordered it both times and would do so again and again.

The new Especias is a very good choice and perfect when you need a break from Mexican food.

We talk of other things Cozumel and elsewhere in the world in our NON-commercial blog at: http://havecarryonwilltravel.com

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I loved this restaurant. I tend to stay away from pasta because you know...e carbs etc but this was a meal worth every calorie! Bar none, the best ever. There were 8 of us and each of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The service was EXCELLENT, the meal started with complimentary tasting of their house white, a light pear wine that was delicious! The servers were hunky and lovely too! The owner cooked our meal even! Highly recommend, worth every minute of exercise to work off the calories!!!