“Exceptional meal and service. Truly an excellent find!”
Review of New Especias

New Especias
Ranked #119 of 394 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: An Authentic and Cozy Italian Restaurant in the Wonderful Cozumel Island!!! (We moved from ITALIANINI!!!)
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Little Italy blended perfectly into one setting. Outstanding, knowledgeable and friendly staff make you feel like "one of the family" from the greeting to the farewell. The atmosphere delightful; not stuffy in the least. The food and beverages are very reasonably priced; the taste of every dish divine. A must go to place when you visit Cozumel. All the best to the new owner/chef and his staff! A different and wonderful find!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

It's been said on here before, but it cannot be overstated: THIS IS A NEW OWNER/CHEF/MENU!!!!! The negative reviews on here are all from before October of 2012, when Francesco took over ownership and the kitchen! The food and service are both down home and incredible. We went on Saturday night, had a wonderful meal (3 men, 1 woman)...ordered many different things on the menu and several bottles of wonderful wine. The servers were inquisitive, attentive and friendly without being overbearing. The meals and low prices were so unbelievable, we went back in the middle of the next evening....WHICH HAPPENED TO BE THE SUPER BOWL!!!! We left Woody's at halftime and went to eat at New Especias...Francesco allowed us to eat downstairs and to watch the game on the tv on the lower level. He made us custom dishes, as well as those on the menu and we got to sample his homemade Sangria....it was incredible. I am no foodie, however I know great food when I ingest it....this is GREAT food and even better service. Please take no advice from the haters whom may have eaten there many years ago. A truly hidden GEM and a wonderful "off the beaten path" place to eat!!.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very nice place. Eat down, up or outside on upstairs deck. I must comment on the staff first. We had Marianna and Sam. Sam was new, just learning his job. He was very friendly and made us feel at home. Marianna was very experienced, friendly and knew the history of the restaurant, which we found very interesting. I had the gnocci with fresh tomato sauce. The pasta was homemade and delicious. The sauce was so fresh, a real standout. My husband had the spaghetti with lionfish and pesto. He really enjoyed it. For dessert we shared the Tiramasu, next time I will get my own. It was too good to share.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We've been to Especias several times over the past four years and found the food to be just OK. Italian Chef Fransisco has stepped up the menu! There are many excellent restaurants on Cozumel and this one has just been added to one of my top 5. The three of us each tried something different, Gnocci, Spinach Lasagna & I had the Lionfish pasta dish (sorry forgot the name). Everyone enjoyed their meal and attentive service thoroughly! We also had a decent red wine for only $55 pesos/glass! Well worth trying on your next visit to Cozumel. Located 2 blocks from the centro plaza.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

First off, the food is phenomenal. Among our group, we got to try plenty of different items on the menu, and all of them exceeded expectations. I wish we had found this gem earlier on in our vacation, because we visited New Especias on our two last nights in Cozumel. On top of the incredible food (that's MORE than reasonably priced), the service and experience is without equal. Our thanks again to Francesco, Mariana, and everyone else at New Especias for the great times!