“Great place”

Kinta Mexican Bistro
Ranked #12 of 368 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great place”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Kinta is great. This meal is a return from 2 years ago and it is still great.

Service is grand.

Appetizer of the day was a great seared tuna served so the tuna wasn't that hunk you can get but part of a diced fruit mix. Seriously great.

The fish of the day served Pastor was great.

The bread pudding dessert was a perfect end to the meal.

Sangria is not too alcoholic so a cafe is great for two.

• Visited May 2014

Ohio
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We ate here for dinner and all 3 of us loved our meals. I had the chicken dish with a sweet potato purée. Very excellent flavors. My husband and sister both loved the pork. I would highly recommend.

North Royalton, Ohio
“Great Service”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The staff here is wonderful and the food was ok...I had the pork tenderloin and it was just ok. The seating is outside and at night we were eaten alive by mosquitos! However it's Mexico and that happens. The service was fantastic and that makes up for the overall rating. The carrot cake was the best part of the meal! Nice place but the food was just "ok".

• Visited April 2014
“Website needs a full overhaul”
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We're frequent visitors to the island and have ate at kinta before.. They have a beautiful outdoor patio and it doesn't matter what you order- the food is displayed like a work or art- and in past experience, tastes as good as it looks! My complaints for this visit: before going to the restaurant, We checked out their menu online (usually you have a better chance at getting an English menu online than you do in a restaurant..) so we found some great items in the online menu- and I even took some screen shots of items they have displayed under their "picture" section because I wasn't sure what they were- but looked really tasty! We even had it narrowed down to the "flour less torte" for dessert (as my aunt can't have flour- she was really looking forward to that!) Anyhow- everything was great, until I started asking questions about the menu. The stuffed alvacados that we're on their online menu- were absent from their restaurant menu. The screen shot pics of main courses I got from their online photo album, our waiter had never seen before and even went to the kitchen to ask what it was- no one has ever seen it and they tried to tell me it was off a different restaurants site. Just to prove them wrong, I brought up their web page to show it was on kinta cozumel.com. No biggie- I'll pick something else.. I ended up with a shrimp& cilantro rice dish.. I HATE green/red peppers.. And HATE mushrooms... It was one of the only items that didn't have either of those listed- seemed safe. When it came, my plate was loaded with peppers and mushrooms... Over a little scoop of cilantro rice and big shrimp. I had 1 or 2 of the shrimp, but the taste from the peppers was overkill. I fed a big chunk of shrimp to the little kinta black cat that walks around and greets all the tables- he seemed to like it. I was disappointed in my meal- if the menu would have said about the mushrooms & peppers I'm sure it would have been an easy fix to get it without. Needless to say, the waiter took my full plate away, and when asked how it was I told him "disappointing. It wasn't what I expected it to be.." I said that with a smile, cuz I knew it wasn't his fault, but he gladly cleared the plate and just said "ok". My fault- maybe I should have been more stern about how bad it really was! Next was dessert.. My aunt had already made up her mind on that flour less torte cake.. Surprise surprise... It's not on their menu either. He tried to sell us on their "chocolate cake" and we explained that it's the flour she can't have.. He didn't seem to get it.. Oh well, no dessert. We couldn't get the stuffed avalcados for an app.. Couldn't get the main course I had my heart set on.. And now no dessert. I paid in full for my $21 main course meal, even tho I sent a full plate back- I just didn't feel like fighting to get them to remove it. My own fault. I left there as hungry as I went there.. My aunt really enjoyed her stuffed pepper that she had ordered & we ended up getting some delicious ice cream from the square for our dessert. At least the cat liked the shrimp! The reason for the 3/5 rating- atmosphere is very nice, wait staff is pleasant, and my aunt really liked her meal. But they really need to update their website to a more current menu!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Lex22
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Fantastic evening”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Best meal we had on the island. Fantastic service, lovely setting in the backyard and the food was superb. Left us feeling wonderful!

Visited April 2014