“Once again a great meal”

Kinta Mexican Bistro
Ranked #12 of 363 Restaurants in Cozumel
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gatineau, Quebec
“Once again a great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Every time we go to this restaurant we are amazed by the quality of the meal that is presented to us.

The Chef and owner do such a great job to make every meal a memorable one.

Kris and the staff Kudo...

We will be back :o)

Colorado
“Delicious food, a bit pricy overall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We dined with friends at the Kinta Mexican Bistro and enjoyed a delicious meal overall. Service was good, and our friends introduced us to the owner, who was very cordial and checked on us frequently.

Fish is caught fresh daily, and several entrees were featured on the dinner menu. Beverage refills are not free, however, and of course we had to purchase bottled water as we also wanted water with our meal. After a hot, full day of scuba diving, our total beverage purchase cost almost as much as the meal, with only one of us ordering one beer.

Since there are so many great places to eat in Cozumel for a lot less money, the Kinta is probably not as high on our list to return here.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank DiveMoreWorkLess
Kalama, Washington
“Delicious Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I ate at this restaurant in December of 2010 with a group of 6 family members. It was great then and again during my recent visit with 6 friends.This restaurant is truly unique for Cozumel because of it's ambiance and cuisine. The cuisine is Mexican food with a gourmet flare.
My friends and I arrived late and they welcomed us in a gave us great service. We all tried different plates and tasted each others. Our plates included: filet minion, chile relleno, shrimp and scallop enchiladas, tuna and ceviche. EVERYTHING WAS DELICIOUS and tasty. I personally had the shrimp and scallop enchiladas and it was the best enchiladas I have ever had! All of my friends loved this restaurant and we had a great time. We will definitely go back to this restaurant on future visits!

San Diego, California
“Fantastic dinner!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We had an awesome meal here- lovely patio outside, and really delicious innovative cuisine. The seared bluefin tuna was out of this world, the sauces delicate and delicious, and everything super fresh.YUMMMM

Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Look at the menu first before sitting down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We found Kinta while doing a search on tripadvisor and it was the 2nd highest rated restaurant in Cozumel (at the time). The top rated restaurant was closed, so we came to Kinta.

I wish we had looked at the menu first. I personally will eat anything, but I was with a group of picky eaters. All the picky eaters got the steak as it had the least amount of "weird stuff" i.e. mushrooms, weird veggies, weird sauces. They sat us in the back outside patio which was very nice and felt secluded. The inside area felt like a trendy japanese restaurant.

The menu is very "foo foo" to quote another reviewer. It seemed Mexican-Asian fusion. It's very different from the standard fare in Cozumel. I had the jalapeno poppers which looked great on the menu, but didn't taste as good as I'd hoped. All the flavors got a little lost in the heat of the jalapeno pepper. I got one of the specials that night which was black mushroom seafood risotto. The portion was very small, but it did taste good.

Half the table got the bread pudding for dessert and we were all very disappointed. It was very dry, like eating a sponge. I noticed a lot of their food sounded great on the menu but did not taste as good as I'd hoped. Even salt couldn't help certain dishes.

This isn't the cheapest place either, so as my title states, make sure you look at the menu first to check out the prices, and also to make sure there's something you can eat!

1 Thank V L