GREAT PLACE. WE LOVED IT!!!
We were here (mother and daughter) for two weeks over Christmas. What a wonderful place to spend the holidays. On a typical day the biggest dilemma was whether to walk into town for lunch or for dinner? Or stay at the hotel? There was no wrong answer.
Our favorite things about the BA:
- The friendly RESTAURANT staff who never minded when we got up to serve our own coffee when they (occasionally) got backed up in the mornings. They tried hard and aimed to please. Thank you Izzy, Sergio, Chefito and the others!
-The LIVE MUSIC every night by Salvador. Imagine sitting on your balcony, over looking the sea while a man with a lovely voice and a guitar serenades the place--not too loud, not too soft...perfect.
-The wonderful HOUSEKEEPING staff who took great care of our room, led by Fernando--who was one of our favorite staff members.
-The view from EVERY room is an oceanview--not a partial ocean view if you stick your head out the balcony and turn your neck...but a REAL oceanview...meaning the ocean is less than 50 feet from your door--straight up.
- The helpfulness of the FRONT DESK folks. There are usually 2-3 people at the front desk at all times which is great if anyone is checking in and the other person can help the non-checker inners. They called cabs for us, made restaurant recommendations, helped us rent a car, gave us directions to the mercado etc. They are all bilingual (at least) and super friendly.
- PROXIMITY to town. We walked into town at least once everyday. Its about a 20 minute walk to Punta Langosta (i.e. Starbucks) And about 10 minutes beyond that to the centro at a leisurely pace. Its beautiful to stroll along the ocean and take in the sights. We loved the "Se Vende Conejos" sign (We sell rabbits) from the fixer-upper structure on the sea shore. I wonder who buys those rabbits?
- The OWNER--Eva. She is a great Canadian woman who is present and super helpful and a very nice person. We liked how much pride she takes in her hotel and how much pride she instills in her staff who obviously operate as a large "family". Its a great feel to have for a hotel and dive operation.
* We were not bothered by the street noise really at all. We did keep our AC on at night and kept our bathroom door shut. I'm a light sleeper and was a little bit worried about this before we left since so many people seemed to comment on it but really it was a NON-issue for us. We were on the second floor (one off the street level) and one room in from the stairs.
* Our only very minor gripe (and believe me, its minor, I almost feel bad writing it)...is that we weren't in love with the morning coffee. It just wasn't as good as we wanted it to be.
* This is not a fancy, root and snooty place (as others have covered) but it is a well run hotel in a great place with a caring owner.
SEE YOU ALL NEXT CHRISTMAS!!! We miss you!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms, each with patio or private balcony for you to enjoy the beautiful sunsets or you can relax under the palapas on the ocean or around the fresh water pool. Friendly/helpful staff - on-site restaurant where food is freshly prepared and you can get a quick snack or full meal - on-site full service dive shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Blue Angel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Angel Hotel Cozumel