“Our new go-to when diving in Cozumel”
Review of Blue Angel Resort

Blue Angel Resort
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our first time staying with Blue Angel Dive Resort and we loved it! Very family friendly and cost effective. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The staff was more than friendly and very helpful. There was one day that it was too rough to dive and the front desk helped us rent a vehicle to explore the island! The dive school is awesome and the dive masters knowledgeable. We were very comfortable diving-especially with a new teen diver! We will definitely return to Blue Angel-it is our go-to now when we dive in Cozumel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank thehansen4

Reviewed April 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I age 29/26 stayed last week and loved it. It is certainly a hotel, not a resort. We didn't feel like we missed much if anything though in opting to not do an all-inclusive and stay at the Blue Angel instead. The on-site restaurant is truly top notch. Get a giant stuffed relleno pepper for dinner! The free breakfast every day was perfect. This is a full breakfast with lots of options! We aren't the "lounging" type so after breakfast we were off to tour the island and mainland. The island is incredibly safe, easy to travel, gorgeous, friendly locals, amazing local authentic food and inexpensive dining. The staff at the hotel is a 5/5, very friendly and helpful. The dive shop is perfect and the dive master (Matt) did an amazing job with my girlfriend while she did her 4 dives required to be certified. I wish I had him when I was learning, I've logged 20 or so dives, and still learned a lot from Matt. The property is small but grounds are clean and well-kept. The location has it's advantages but also possible disadvantages. We liked being out of town but close enough to town that it was only a $6-$8 taxi ride each way. The disadvantage is that the hotel is on the main road and the street noise of cars/trucks/motorcycles at night were sometimes bothersome. We slept well still, but the street noise isn't "ideal". The pool and nice and no one was ever there so the couple times we went, we had it to ourselves. The opportunity to swim at the hotel was not ideal either. Most of cozumels resorts don't have beaches (rocky coastline) but some do still have a break wall with a man made beach and steps leading into the water. I wouldn't stay here if you want to do swimming/beach lounging on the property you choose. However, the free shore diving more than made up for it for us. The equipment rental is free for shore diving including the tanks and air which was cool. However, the shore diving is nothin compared to takin a boat to the reefs. There's also a fairly strong current in front of the hotel which mean's the shore diving is about 75% swimming up current and then turning around and drifting back to the hotel. If you want to be at the beach, just take a cab/moped to paradise beach, or any of the other local beaches. If you rent a moped, walk down the street to tropical island rentals next to the oxxo (away from town). The mopeds are high quality and you can get them for $30-35/day. We found this cheaper and more fun than a car, or paying a taxi back and forth all day. They can rent you a nice jeep too if you're not comfortable with the moped. The girl at the front counter recommended a local taxi driver to give us a tour of the island. I highly recommend this! It worked out great and was a very easy and convenient way to see the whole island with stops in 4-5 hours. At $20/hr, it was a great deal and we found places that we wanted to go back to throughout the week. The tequila tour in el cedral was cool and seeing all the beaches and other spots on the other side of the island was great too. I fell in love with Cozumel and is my favorite island of the 8-10 or so I've been to in the carribbean. Blue angel was a great choice at the price point, and have no regrets about staying there, and would recommend to a friend and family, especially divers! Just be careful the cement floors in the rooms are cool (patterned and smoothed cement) and ideal when you're dragging you're dive equipment out to the balcony to dry, but because the floors are smooth, they can be slippery when wet! I slid once and caught myself thinking "that could have ended poorly".

Room Tip: All rooms have a gorgeous ocean view. 4th story could be a lot of up and down, 3rd story worked grea...
1  Thank Matt S
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This is our third time to The Blue Angel Resort and can't say enough good things about the staff. It's nice to see the same familiar faces each time we visit. I appreciate how hard Huit works to get us the room we request and at a fair price. I appreciate how clean the staff keeps our room. I appreciate the availability of clean beach towels that we can take on the dive boat (so I don't have to pack one from home) and how we just set the used towels outside the room and they get picked up. I appreciate Eva taking time to visit with the guests. I love the fact that each room above the first floor has a balcony that can be used to dry wet gear. The beds are comfortable, the air conditioning works well, small personal items can be locked in the room safe, and the small refrigerator holds goodies that we buy at Mega or Chedaui. We've left camera gear, computers, Kindles, etc. laying around in the room when we've not been in it and nothing has ever "disappeared." I feel very safe at The Blue Angel Resort.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank islanddream59
Reviewed April 24, 2013

For years we have flown in and stayed with and done most of our diving with Blue Angel resort in Cozumel. We consider the staff there friends. Whether it has been my husbands "Viking trips" with just the guys or a family vacation, Blue Angel is always just right...A small hotel overlooking the ocean that is comfortable and clean with a fantastic dive operation. Not to mention a great restaurant. We have met other divers at Blue Angel that we still keep in touch with! The location is also easy access to downtown and a grocery store.

We always have a lot of fun and feel safe in Cozumel. We also feel very at ease at Blue Angel...And that is what a vacation should be!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Christi O
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I chose Blue Angel after reading review after review of different (big, all inclusive) hotels. All the reviews for this one were positive, with a frequent comment a no frills dive resort. We are new to diving and Cozumel. We found the room large, very clean with an excellent bed. Walk to San Miguel easily: we walked there almost everyday and did the markets, or food. Our last day, we decided to do a rental car and blue angel called the company they work with and was there with car at 0900-just like hotel said. Restaurant good, maybe a little expensive but right in line with what others are charging. Breakfast is included and is plentiful in choices. Pancakes and eggs yum! Potatoes ok. Diving with the blue angel team was nothing short of amazing, with Matthew being our dive master all three days of diving-he gave us tips and took us to great places. Very experienced and just nice people! Boats were fast with excellent captains. Some reviews said rooms were noisy from street noise-I could hear the traffic bit not any worse than any hotel next to a street And it did not bother us. We will definately come back to this hotel for great location, price and diving

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Dianne B
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I just returned from an eight night stay at the Blue Angel. We had set the bar very high prior to our visit based upon extensive online research and I am pleased to say that the actually visit was incredible. Our room, the remainder of the hotel and the surrounding facilities were top notch. The entire staff were exceptional.
We are not divers but choose this hotel for the snorkeling in front of the hotel. It was like swimming in an aquarium.
100% satisfaction

Room Tip: not a bad room in the hotel. rooms on 4 floors; ALL rooms open up onto the ocean which is perhaps 60...
1  Thank 1976pacer
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We just returned from another wonderful stay at the Blue Angel Resort. I did a solo dive trip last November for one of their special 5-day rates (room, dive, meals) based on a recommendation from a coworker. The facilities, location, food and staff all exceeded expectations. I brought my non-diving wife along this time for an extended stay and, although not the Palace, she was pleasantly surprised. The rooms are clean, have ocean view, there's a pool, small rocky beach, and it's walking distance to San Miguel. The diving and hotel staff are above reproach. A special thanks to Martin and Jorge from the dive staff for taking such good care of me and to Andrea for securing our room choice. My wife is now considering learning to scuba; maybe open water cert for her when we return.

Room Tip: The fourth floor rooms have a great view but require you to lug your dive gear up stairs. Not too b...
1  Thank bissonet