“Great hotel by the ocean for diving”
Review of Blue Angel Resort

Blue Angel Resort
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Longueuil
“Great hotel by the ocean for diving”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Everyone has covered the review very well. Comfortable beds, 25 minutes from town, clean, great staff, water view from every room. On a noisy road but only when you’re in the room, but it quiets down at night and you're having such a good time on your balcony, underwater, otherwise, it isn't noticed. Very well set up for diving, and the diving is WONDERFUL here. The staffs is so friendly and helpful, it makes for a really pleasant stay. We very highly recommend Blue Angel to those who want a cozy atmosphere of a small hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Finnish first
Sedalia, Missouri
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My buddy and I just returned from another dive trip at Blue Angel. I have been staying here for the last 10 years, and I intend to stay there for the next 10 years too. The HOTEL: Its clean, cozy, friendly and practical. Unlike the large resorts, you meet and become friends with the other guests. The views from the room balconys are excellent. Sometimes I sleep at the foot end of the bed so the first thing I see when I wake up is the ocean. The RESTAURANT: They have really achieved a pretty high level of service and quality over the last few years. You can tell that the dishes are freshly made, not out of a can or package. I highly recommend the Blue Angel drink, which is a coconut/rum/ thing whipped in a blender. Mmmmmm.
The DIVE SHOP: It is a smooth running shop in spite of all the daily challenges that they face such as new divers, late divers, gear problems, buoyancy probs, etc. I, as well as many others always need something "extra" and they always handle it well. They make it easy for you. I always try to dive with Jorge a divemaster there. I've probably done over 200 dives with him as a dive master and he is the best in my book. I've even planned my vacation time in the past so that I will be able to dive with him. If you need extra assistance he will give it to you. As others have said, the boats are small, fast and practical. During the surface interval after the first dive, they pass out fresh cut fruit and pastries. Nice touch! I doubt if other dive shops do that. They also ask you where you want to dive. I've stayed at other All-inclusives in the past and they don't ask you where you would like to dive. At Blue Angel, if the majority want to dive Santa Rosa Wall, thats where you're going.

I hate to be redundant so feel free to read my other reviews of Blue Angel from years past.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
BC
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We visited some friends at The Blue Angel for a week at the end of Feb. The visit started out with a bang when we met Gustavo on the Ferry from Playa and he waited for us to get our bags and drove us to the hotel. Our friends were regulars and waiting in the lobby when we arrived. Check in was quick and we were in our room in a few minutes. We stayed on the 4th floor toward the north end which was quiet and away for the restaurant and dive shop. The room was clean and comfortable and I had no concerns about dragging my wet suit across the floor to hang on the balcony to dry. Lots of hot water, a comfortable bed and beautiful view across to Playa. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Wireless internet in the room worked great. A room for two with an excellent breakfast for $100 was good value. We also had 3 meals in the restaurant because we were too lazy to go to town and they were all excellent. If you’re looking for Dive vacation it would be hard to beat The Blue Angel. Check out my dive shop review.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights in Feb for a short dive trip. My friend who used to live in cozumel recommended I stay here because of the location (on the water and walking distance to town). Not all the hotels in coz are waterfront, some of them are across the street.
The staff at blue angel were all amazing. Huit is professional, courteous and extremely patient. Daniel was really helpful, so were the girls at the front desk, and the maintenance guy was a sweetheart. Sergio and izzy were a pleasure to see each day. Thank you Izzy for my red wine fix brought up to the room each night. The restaurant manager is there in the morning and is still there at night during dinner. He is dedicated to his job, and we had some discussions over culinary delights which shows he's not just doing his job but he has a love for food too. The walk to town was about 20 min, and then we would walk around for another 2-3 hours in town. Love the little quiet streets with the little shops. I stayed away from the busy areas where all the cruise ship passengers were. If you rather cab it, then it was between 6-8 bucks depending on the taxi driver so ask the price before you get in.
Same as what others said, close the bathroom door when you go to bed to decrease the sound from the cars at night. They did wake me up at 6am every morning, but my ear plugs helped. But then I couldn't hear my alarm on my phone to wake me, so I adjusted that and it was ok. I stayed on the third floor so there was a beautiful view of the water. It is a small resort with a rustic feel.  For 100 bucks a night it was a deal. Enjoy.

• Stayed February 2013
Garnet50
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Others here have covered the info very well. Comfortable beds, convenient, clean, great staff, water view from every room. On a busy road, but it quiets down nicely at night and you're having such a good time, otherwise, it isn't noticed. Makes it convenient, too. So well set up for diving, and the diving is WONDERFUL here. The staff at the front desk, restaurant, and dive shop are so friendly and helpful, it makes for a really pleasant stay. We very highly recommend Blue Angel to those who want a cozy atmosphere and less than five star accommodations (which can be quite sterile and less fun!).

Room Tip: The higher the floor (four levels to choose from), the better the view. Just remember, no elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Garnet50
Hunt Valley, Maryland
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed 4 days at Ventanas Al Mar on back side of island then 4 days at Blue Angel to dive. Hotel is very clean, neat, and well taken care of. Very nice layout with everything you need within steps. Very pretty water views and nice pool.
My wife and I had a package including dives, my wife's ear was bothering her so she could not dive the last 2 days. The hotel credited us the unused portion of her dives without any argument or issues.
If I had to complain about something I would be hard pressed to find anything.... maybe if there were some alternative places to eat closer??
Will stay again for sure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Pine Grove, California
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Wonderful small place to stay if you want to stay a bit out of town, but not too far away from town. The restaurant is excellent, staff is friendly and helpful. And so convenient if you add scuba diving to your vacation!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends