WINNER WONDERLAND

“Blue Angel Resort Cozumel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Angel Resort

Blue Angel Resort
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Cozumel
“Blue Angel Resort Cozumel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

What a lovely place to stay for a diver. Rooms are large,clean and all have an ocean view.The restaurant on premises was great and had an awesome view over the water. The food was very good as well. Perfect set up for diving with the dock a mere 50 feet from your room. We did have some special dietary needs which the staff did a fairly good job of accommodating. Dive staff was great especially Jose who could find the tiniest of creatures. Perhaps the smallest seahorse I have ever seen.

Upon return to our room one day I found my dive light broken into many pieces. With little trouble the hotel paid for the cost of the light and gave me a loaner for the rest of my trip.

I plan to go back and stay here again and again. .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Finnish first
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great dive resort, it is a small facility with only 22 rooms, all with a balcony facing the ocean. The entire staff was very gracious and treated you like family. They had a very nice feature, at the front desk they had a ‘Magic Jack’ phone that they allowed the guests to use to make free calls to the US and Canada. They have their own attached dive shop and dock, which I used for diving, but I also observed other guest being picked up by other dive operations. The resort seemed OK with other dive op’s picking up guests, which I have been told is not always the case at other hotels. I heard about the resort through ScubaBoard and they are consistently getting favorable reviews from experienced divers.
The rooms are not real fancy but they are large and very clean. No in room coffee or microwave but they do have a pot brewing in the early AM, in the lobby. The security was more than adequate with cameras monitored from the front desk, I always felt safe (most of the time I never locked the door and had no concerns for my laptop and camera).
I went down to stay and to dive with them for a week and ended up extending out another week, it felt like home, I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Wow, what an experience. The dive shop in Playa recommended this scuba diving tour in Cozumel. I knew we were already in good hands with the Dive Shop owners, that we didn't feel at all skeptical. It was the most fantastic underwater diving experience I have had. Every time I reflect back on that trip, I get all teary eyed from the experience. We didn't stay at the resort, but certainly plan on it when we book our next vacation..So looking forward to another visit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ScubadubadooCanada
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

My third trip to Blue Angel and it just keeps getting better! Such a warm atmosphere, the friendliest employees !!! Always clean rooms and caring staff! Eva, my personal thanks to you and your staff for making our stay so awesome!!!

Dive staff are just great! Restaurant staff are equally awesome! Rooms are always well taken care of, air-conditioning works like a champ !!! :)

See you soon!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer better ocean views , however, lower floors means less distance to haul your lugg...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I would definately love to come back there! very comfi, quiet, private, right on the water! Friendly and helpfull staff. Beautifule nature, palm trees, hamacs, turtles...pool, liitle rocky beach, dive shop, nice restaurant...what else do you need to have a nice vacation?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Blue Angel. The room was great and the staff was amazing. Everyone treated us like they had known us for ever and not like it was our first visit. We took full advantage of their restaurant, the food was very good at a reasonable price. This place is very quiet and perfect for divers or people just looking to get away to relax. I would stay there again and again. The dive shop operation was very good as well, I did seven dives with them and the guides were all very attentive to all of the divers. We will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Every room in the hotel face the ocean, there is not a bad room in the building.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
longview,tex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is an excellent hotel with a great view. I have the feeling that they would like to make it a little more of an upscale hotel, but the clientele are scuba divers. It is awesome that they cater to divers. The staff is great. The front desk was helpful, and changed our room by request, on arrival. Trini took care our room for us all week, and only moved our stuff in the bathroom the first day. After she figured out how we set up our room, she just touched up, and made sure we had a clean room, fresh towels, and clean sheets. The rooms themselves are comfortable. The A/C worked well. The TV (who cares about TV on a dive vacation?) had a pretty much Spanish venue. Heck, here in the US we have a lot of Spanish programming, they could do better on the TV...but, I reitterate...who cares? The toilet seal leaked a little, the shower drained out to under the vanity a little. The birds were loud...our alarm clock, and my wife put it on her ipad. I'll tell you; I miss the birds.

On a side note: My wife had an episode of stomach virus, (Nothing to do with any food, or water at Blue Angel), got dehydrated, and Eva, the wonderful gal that she is, called a cab, and was very concerned about making sure my wife would be well taken care of. I just want to say Thanks! to the Blue Angel staff, and all you divers...don't forget to drink your water.

Room Tip: They kind of need to trim some palm trees to have a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple