Blue Angel Resort
$230
$214
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsdive masterroad noisedive shopshore divingdive hoteldive packageon site restaurantgreat diverestaurant staffdive staffrooms are basicbreakfast was includedsmall hotelrooms face the oceanlight sleeperthe open air restaurantwalking distance to town
Reviewed January 17, 2012

It had been awhile since I had stayed at Blue Angel. I had stayed many times over the years with the previous owners. I have to say Eva has done a wonderful job maintaining the 'cozy' at home like feel. The upgrades are fantastic and the staff is always friendly and willing to help you enjoy your stay. I was sad to go. It was nice to show up after several years and the staff remembers your name and makes you feel right at home!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2012

We were at Blue Angel from Dec 24-28 doing our open water referral certifications. We did so much research prior to our trip as to which place to stay at and do our first dives (we were so nervous being first time divers) and although many outfits in Cozumel looked very good we kept coming back to the Blue Angel and we are so thrilled with our decision. As soon as we pulled up to Blue Angel the comfortable lobby and the gorgeous artwork and the smiles on everyone's faces made us so at ease. Our room was ready right away and it was so spacious and spotless. You also could not beat the stunning view of the ocean right from the room. We met our dive instructor right away. His name is Matthew and he was just incredible. We were concerned as our 15 year old daughter was battling a terrible cough/cold and was still on antibiotics and Matthew was so understanding and we all agreed to postpone the diving for that day to help Ariel recover from her congestion. Any nerves I had about diving were gone the second I met Matthew as I knew that we were going to be in the best hands. The one thing we did not realize when we originally booked Blue Angel was just how amazing the restaurant and the food was. The restaurant itself is just gorgeous and we loved the breakfasts (so delicious), the happy hour was phenomenal, and we also just loved the entertainment - the musicians were incredible. Blue Angel has the greatest food and the service we received at each one of our meals was just amazing! We also got the chance to meet the owner Eva who is such a beautiful person inside and out. She told us about the Humane Society event which was going to be taking place on December 28 and we knew that we just had to check it out. The event was so much fun! Once we were able to start our dives we were so impressed by all the staff at the dive shop. The equipment was all in great condition and we just loved seeing the smiles on everyones faces. Pony and Martine were amazing and very helpful. We did our first shore dive and it was just amazing. I actually couldn't believe the great stuff we saw right in front of the hotel! Unfortunately Ariel was still feeling sick and couldn't equalize for the second dive so Matthew (bless him) told her to go rest and offered to finish off her certification a few days later. My husband and myself then completed our second shore dive and were so excited to go out the next day for our boat dives. The boats are fast and the captain was great. These open water dives were really a life changing experience for us and a whole new world was opened up to us. On our first dive we saw the most amazing Eagle Ray - it was just majestic and we are hooked!!! The whole time we were so relaxed because we felt so prepared with our training and knew that we were just in the most experienced, caring hands with Matthew as our instructor. We thank you Matthew for making our first dives so very special and unforgettable. The sense of accomplishment and excitement on becoming certified open water divers was just so amazing for us. What also was amazing was the fellow divers at the resort. Everyone was so nice and so excited for us - they were also so concerned about Ariel which was so touching. I have never experienced such a feeling of camaraderie and community. Ever single diver we met were such down to earth nice people and we made some great friendships while at Blue Angel. Ariel was well enough on December 28 to complete her dives and also get her certification - thanks again Matthew - this was even more amazing because it also happened to be her 16th Birthday - I cannot think of a better way to celebrate such a milestone or better people to celebrate it with - and she will remember it forever. When Ariel's boat pulled up after her open water dives everyone ran out to the dock so excited for her and celebrated with her - just amazing! I could go on and on and on about this place....but take it from me you have to experience it yourself. This resort is world class in every aspect - from the incredible staff - to the clean comfortable rooms - thanks Trini - to the delicious food - to the freshly squeezed orange juice at breakfast - to the professionalism at the dive shop - whether you were a beginner or advanced the experience had by all was unparalleled. We even went back to Blue Angel after checking out to do another two tank dive with Matthew and Jorge. We really could not get enough of Blue Angel and cannot wait to go back. WE LOVE BLUE ANGEL RESORT AND DIVE SHOP!!! Thanks to everyone...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Marlazaichick
Reviewed January 13, 2012

The Blue Angel Resort is staffed by people who know how to make a person feel at home and are able to anticipate what I expect. From the very first moment on arrival, the unprompted offer of an arrival drink, to the last, the experience is most excellent and therefore most relaxing. So this is not a routine hotel. This is a resort made for scuba divers, with simple furnishings, and no worries about dragging wet equipment into the room (because the floor is expoxy coated concrete); the simple but highly useful shelf outside the room door gives a place to put wet gear while you open the door. All of this simplicity serves to remove stress and offer convenience to the diver. I cannot imagine going anywhere else for diving so close to Houston.

Joel Michalek, PhD
Professor and Vice Chair
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
U of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2012

For the location, convenient and hospitality, you can't beat this hotel. I've been staying here for five years and am always eager to return. The staff is almost as incredible as the sunsets from your room or the pool bar. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All the rooms are about the same.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank nateh
Reviewed January 6, 2012

My son and I spent a week there over the Christmas break. We had a wonderful stay made that way by the great people, clean accomadations and good food. Breakfast is included in your stay and it is a hearty one. The dive staff are also great Matt taught my son the Advanced course and he did a great job, was patient and thorough. Heard positive comments from other guests re the dive instruction as well

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are only accesible from the patio door but are slightly large, top floor has vaulted ceiling. All are basic with 2 twin beds or one king.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family