Temazcal Cenote Experience
Open today: 9:00 AM - 12:30 PM, 1:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Incredible & unforgettable temazcal experience with Julia

I had the most amazing solo temazcal experience thanks to Julia (and Julie!). They were so kind to... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
DoralinK
Place of healing and love

2nd time doing this. 1st time as a tourist. This time joined the all female new moon meditation... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
piyo
SF

Recommended experiences in and around Cozumel
from $60.00
from $105.00
from $85.00
from $85.00
More Info
All reviews mayan steam lodge spiritual experience healing culture chants session eduardo emotional mexico
Reviewed March 28, 2016

I had a really great experience with the temazcal. It was very relaxing, evocative and interesting. I am not a spiritual person but I found it incredible! The yurt was very nice and the shaman was very well experienced and kind. Swimming in the cenote was like nothing ive ever experienced... theres little fish that eat the dead skin off your feet in the water!! overall a definite must do for the spiritual, or history buff in your group.

Date of experience: January 2016
2  Thank Bekky G
Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

The experience you and your team of healers, Petrus, was absolutely amazing. This was my 3rd visit to the Temazcal and the only place I will return to EVERY time I return to Cozumel. I recommend this experience to everyone visiting Cozumel as a must do.

Date of experience: March 2016
PetrusTemazcalero, General Operation Manager at Temazcal Cenote Experience, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2016

Thank you very, very much to you Tonee. Visitors like you and your beautiful brothers and sisters is what propels us keep going, and sharing, and exploring, and learning in this magical mystery tour. We are looking forward to have you with us again on your fourth visit to Cozumel.

Reviewed March 11, 2016

I was fortunate to visit this location with a group of wonderful people. From the very beginning, our guide was amazing, funny & so knowledgeable. The location was absolutely gorgeous & the day just kept getting better & better: with a cacao ceremony, grandparents blessing, Mayan temple experience, Temazcal, cenote, drum circle & provided lunch. Everything was to die for & I never wanted to leave! If ever you try one thing in Cozumel - this is it! You won't regret it!

Date of experience: March 2016
PetrusTemazcalero, PetrusTemazcalero, General Operation Manager at Temazcal Cenote Experience, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2016

Loved your tittle: "Blissful & Beautiful", indeed it was. It really captures the escence of that tremendous powerful day. Too much energy in and out of everybody. We did not want to leave either.

Thanl you very much for your words and for being part of this brother/Sisterhooh.

Reviewed February 2, 2016

My partner and I did a Temazcal over a year ago but remember it very well. It, along with a visit to some Mayan villages, were the highlight of a trip to the Mayan coast (sorry, really don't like the word Riviera). The owner and guide does an amazing job at teaching you and leading you through the ritual. I don't want to spoil what happens when you get in there but if you are into introspection, meditation, or spiritual transformation, you will enjoy this experience. I had a profound moment. When you get out, you jump into a deep cenote on the property, itself a powerful part of the ritual. This would also make a wonderful "transition" activity if you need a personal retreat to observe a life transition or event. This is an adult activity, suitable for singles, couples and friends. Plan to rest and reflect afterwards.

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank Cynthia L
PetrusTemazcalero, General Operation Manager at Temazcal Cenote Experience, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2016

Thank you very much for such wonderful and uplifting words Cinthya. We feel so honored and happy you could realize about all those aspects within yourself in our Temazcal Experience.

I just would like to clarify a couple of things in your review, in order to avoid confusion or misunderstandings from those who read it:
1) We are not in the Continent (Riviera or Costa Maya), we are located in Cozumel Island and we are not part of any Mayan Village. Our facilities are located in a private property in the middle of the jungle.
2) Although our experience could seems to be an activity exclusive for adults, we have had the opportunity to receive kids (6-15 years) and they are just amazing attendees, very interested and participative in everything. Most of them understand and behave even better than many adults.

Temazcalero

PS. Just to make another side comment The Riviera Maya goes from Cancun to Tulum, and from Tulum to Mahaual is called Costa Maya; the first, is the northern portion and the second, is the southern portion of the Caribbean Coast

Reviewed January 22, 2016

I was very happy to have discovered the Mayan Steam Lodge on Trip Advisor. I appreciate these experiences and was thrilled to have this opportunity. It really was beautiful and enriching and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a deeper experience.

Date of experience: January 2016
PetrusTemazcalero, General Operation Manage at Temazcal Cenote Experience, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2016

Thank you very much TreeDebrech, was us who were thrilled with your visit. It was you and the other sisters and brothers who made it beautiful and enriched.