“A wonderful experience”

Temazcal Cenote Experience
Ranked #3 of 28 Spas & Wellness in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: X'kanha Not only a place but an encounter with oneself. X'kanha Not only an experience but an opening of the heart. X'kanha Not only an adventure but a journey into the soul. Each of our practices has been thought and created to guide YOU towards these three purposes. All of them are taken from ancestral traditions, mostly from Mexico, but we also study, practice and offer wellness techniques from different parts of the world. We invite you to surround yourself with the beauty of nature and let your soul be pampered by reconnecting and bonding into one with mother earth.
Hamburg, New York
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

What a great experience we had. I had my doubts. I am a jogger and sweat all the time but my friend was really excited about going so I wanted to support her. My experience was very personal, uplifting, spiritual, freeing and an experience that was truely unique. Our guide was wonderful and knowledgeable. When I told my friends about the experience they were in awe and want to go when in Cozumel. I am still reaping some of the benefits a week later. When I return next year, I will definitely return.
I went night diving for the 1st time, spectacular. This is right up there!!! Debra

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Something different”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was an awesome experience. Do it especially if you're looking for something more cultural than a booze cruise. You won't be dissappointed. It's a little off the beaten path, but great. You won't be dissappointed.

Visited February 2013
PetrusTemazcalero, Gerente at Temazcal Cenote Experience, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello, thank you very much for your review, we love your tittle and precisely, that is what we really try to offer “Something different”. It is not a little, it is an absolutely Off the Beaten Path experience, even some guests have tittled their reviews using that expression or have felt attracted to try the experience because of that. Basically that is one of our main marketing tools, we have always said and we will keep considering ourselves as the Hippies of the tours in Cozumel.
Keep the Fire Burning
Palm Harbor, Florida
“fantastic experience”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Mayan Steam Lodge experience was one not to be missed. If you are looking for a spiritual experience during your vacation, that is truly unique and doesn´t have that touristy feel to it - but you still want it to be well organized - this is for you. Petrus is a great guide and leader through this ceremony and he did a fantastic job for our group. I do not want to give away the details of this experience, but if you are interested in something different, you might be surprised how much this experience can do for you, if you are open for it. We had our children with us (10 and 12) and the ceremony was too long for them. If you are planning to do this with children, be aware that they might not stay with you in the lodge for the whole time. Ours went out at some point and kept themselves busy close by to the steam lodge.

Cozumel, Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very interesting experience. Didn't know what to expect when I signed up first , however it turned up to be one of the best experiences I ever had. Petrus it's a great host and very dedicated to ensure his guests are extremelly pleased.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“One of a kind experience while oan then Inland”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Reajuinating, exhilarating and a total spiritual awakening! Petrus was are spiritual leader and gave us the most amazing experience and history of the ritualistic steam lodge experience. You can not help but walk away from this experience feeling refreshed and rejuvenated and a total new sense of priorities and the importance of letting go and moving forward while at the same time cherishing your life's journey. No matter what your spiritual beliefs you will walk away from this experience feeling it was totally worth the invest of your time and money. This will be on our agenda every time owe come back.