“empanadas to die for”

Del Sur Argentina Empanadas & Grill
Ranked #81 of 389 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Just wonderful!!!!!Everything from start to finish as far as food and wine. Waiters eh.....they need some training on how to balance time and just simple stuff like knowing which table gets what.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I went for a date night. This place came highly recommended because of the steaks. We walked in and the place was packed, I put my name in and the guy responded "we're full!" I said I would wait and asked how long, he informed me it would be 10-15 mins. I asked if I could have a drink while I waited and he responded that he was much too busy to serve us a drink while we waited. After 10 mins we were seated. It took another 10 mins to order which I've become very used to here. We ordered and after about 25 mins of waiting for our salads they wrote finally delivered, but no bread. About 11/2 mins later our food arrived....still no bread. We ate which there was no doubt at this point why the food was recommended because it was very good. Then 3 ladies came in....talked to the host and we're served drinks by the same guy that told me no. Our waiter never checked on us once to see how our food was. We had to flag down the other waiter for our bill and a to-go box. Then our waiter came with the credit card machine had me sign the slip at which time he informed me I needed to tip him in cash. Not cool.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went with a group of 6. Some confusion with the order but the food is phenomenal. The empanadas are delicious, their steak is mouth watering, and if I could have filled my suitcase with their chimichurri to come home I definitely would have! The best place on the island to have a great steak cooked to perfection!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I only had the empanadas (ordered 5 different!) and they were amazing! Try them all, you´ll just want more :) And their chimichurri is the most delicious!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had an delicious dinner here starting with the empanadas. Order several different kinds to share. Then the nicoise salad; also to share as it was huge. Beef kabobs were cooked perfectly. The staff was great. I was not impressed with Cozumel overall but this restaurant deserves a visit if you're there.