“Great food horrible service!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Del Sur Argentina Empanadas & Grill

Del Sur Argentina Empanadas & Grill
Ranked #51 of 359 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great food horrible service!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went for a date night. This place came highly recommended because of the steaks. We walked in and the place was packed, I put my name in and the guy responded "we're full!" I said I would wait and asked how long, he informed me it would be 10-15 mins. I asked if I could have a drink while I waited and he responded that he was much too busy to serve us a drink while we waited. After 10 mins we were seated. It took another 10 mins to order which I've become very used to here. We ordered and after about 25 mins of waiting for our salads they wrote finally delivered, but no bread. About 11/2 mins later our food arrived....still no bread. We ate which there was no doubt at this point why the food was recommended because it was very good. Then 3 ladies came in....talked to the host and we're served drinks by the same guy that told me no. Our waiter never checked on us once to see how our food was. We had to flag down the other waiter for our bill and a to-go box. Then our waiter came with the credit card machine had me sign the slip at which time he informed me I needed to tip him in cash. Not cool.

Visited March 2014

Toronto, Canada
“Empanadas and chimichurri to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Went with a group of 6. Some confusion with the order but the food is phenomenal. The empanadas are delicious, their steak is mouth watering, and if I could have filled my suitcase with their chimichurri to come home I definitely would have! The best place on the island to have a great steak cooked to perfection!

Visited February 2014
Uppsala, Sweden
“Best empanadas ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I only had the empanadas (ordered 5 different!) and they were amazing! Try them all, you´ll just want more :) And their chimichurri is the most delicious!

• Visited December 2013
Iowa City, Iowa
“Our best meal on Cozumel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We had an delicious dinner here starting with the empanadas. Order several different kinds to share. Then the nicoise salad; also to share as it was huge. Beef kabobs were cooked perfectly. The staff was great. I was not impressed with Cozumel overall but this restaurant deserves a visit if you're there.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York, NY
“Great steak and empanadas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

If you are tired of typical Mexican food and want a great steak then this was the place. It's not a "New York" steak house steak but it was a very tender and tasty piece of meet. The empanadas are really some of the best I have ever eaten and make a great starter. The staff is incredibly welcoming and we had a great meal.

Visited February 2014