“solid empanadas and parrillada”

Del Sur Argentina Empanadas & Grill
Ranked #76 of 394 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We started with the empanadas, which were great for the fried variety (I prefer baked). They had interesting fillings and were executed well. The parrillada was legit and was full of delicious and perfectly cooked asado de tira (flanken-cut short ribs - my favorite!), vacío (comes from hindquarters, but no exact American analogue), chorizo (Argentine), and chicken. There were also mollejas (sweetbreads), which I'm not a fan of, but my wife said they were tasty. We also had a delicious flan con dulce de leche for dessert. The service was excellent, and the owner was very friendly. I the interest of full disclosure, I am a gringo; however, my wife is Argentine, and I've lived in Buenos Aires, so I'm not a total amateur when it comes to Argentine cuisine.

2  Thank benitodisparos

Reviewed June 22, 2013

WOW! One of the best deals in Cozumel, great food, attentive service, nice ambiance, price good value for quality and quantity. I have spent time in Buenos Airies so I have some idea about Argentinian grilled meats. My steak was perfect, and the empanadas were light and crispy. My only regret is it too me so long to find this place. Del Sur is a MUST EAT in Cozumel.

2  Thank de-briefer
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went there twice and both times had different types of empanadas, and excellent grilled cheese and a good variety of meats including hard to find kidneys and sweetbreads.
Empanadas desserts are awesome too !

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants to eat at on the island. The food is great and the atmosphere is laid back. If you go you MUST try their flan, it is simply the best ever.

1  Thank ninareno
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Friendly, happy staff! Wonderful food - everything on the menu - and we go at least three times every vacation! We love the empanadas! Even if we do not eat dinner here, we stop by for dessert or get dessert to go. This is probably my college aged kids favorite on the island.

2  Thank JV G