“Simply fantastic!”

Del Sur Argentina Empanadas & Grill
Ranked #81 of 394 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Reviewed February 21, 2013

How great is this restaurant? It is so good that some of the women in our group made the following comments: 1) "I'd break up my family for these empanadas!" 2) "I'd give up my makeup for these empanadas!" 3) "I'd let my dumb_ _ _ ex-husband take over my son's education for these empanadas!" And that readers is how great these empanadas are!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We ate at Del Sur in 2011 and returned again in February 2013. The food has been great on both occasions; excellent, tasty empanadas and a huge salad. The reasonable price lets you sample several different types of empanada fillings. This is a nice change of pace from Mexican fare. Very friendly service, too, with the proprietor stopping by to check on us on both occasions.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

In the past we have had a hard time finding good steak on the Island. No more!!! Del Sur is Argentinian restaurant off the beaten path, just a few blocks from the square. (corner of Calle 3sur and 5th avienda.) A nice building inside with air conditioning. Steaks are their specialty. I had the brochette. Two large skewers of perfectly cooked beef with vegetables. It was delicious. Couldnot eat it all. Would be a share plate between two females easily. Salad was average with iceberg lettuce, tomatoes and onions. The dressing was very tastey. My husband had the Veal Sweetbreads. Very large serving, seasoned and grilled. He could not finish them.
Dessert was apple and cinnamon empanada and my husband had quince. Save room for dessert. Although I love apples and cinnamon, I would order the quince next time. They were to die for. The staff is very friendly. Owner, Rene, came to our table a few times to check in. Love that kind of service. Definately will return.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The title about says it all...The empanadas were very good and have a large variety.very inexpensive

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Del Sur is off the beaten path with excellent food. The service is great, the empanadas are to die for. I highly recommend this little gem of a place to eat. Been here several times and always enjoy the experience.