“A great alternative to Mexican food”

Del Sur Argentina Empanadas & Grill
Ranked #76 of 373 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Walnut Creek, California
“A great alternative to Mexican food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Cozumel has lots of great restaurants that serve Mexican food in a variety of ways. But when you want something different, head to Del Sur Argentina Empanadas & Grill, just a few blocks south of the plaza. They serve steak, chicken, etc., but I go here for the empanadas, small flaky pastry pockets filled with a variety of stuffings: beef, chicken, shrimp, spinach, cheese.....plus some delicious sweet empanadas for dessert. I loved the dulce de leche & banana......yum yum. Hubby and I had a total of 8 empanadas, plus the one dessert empanada, and two beers each, all for under $30. A bonus: no singers wandering from table to table looking for tips. Just a lovely airy building with plenty of windows and soft music, plus great service. I love this place and will return again and again.

• Visited November 2012

Arlington, Texas
“Not for vegans!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

If you are one of the dwindling number of carnivores like I am, then this is the place for you. Warm Argentine hospitality and service in a romantic pub-like restaurant.
The vacio (a cut near the sirloin) just melt in my mouth and gave up its flavors, awesome. The filet mignon was one of the best I have ever eaten.
My only complaint: I when for a second visit on Sunday and it was closed.

• Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Best steak on the island”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have been eating here for years. Alwayshad the greatest empanadas. This time I had the steak. We returned a 2nd time on the same trip & ate the same thing. It was that good!

• Visited October 2012
Cozumel, Mexico
“Service cannot be beat”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The food is great. I love the steak. I also like to get one of the salads they have and ask for a half portion, instead of the green salad that comes with the steak. Waiter suggested it to me. Service is excellent.

Visited August 2012
Oak Park, California
“Great Service & Great food”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Drove by after our night dive thinking that they were closed since it was all dark and empty inside. Fortunately for us, they were not and we were able to sample their great tasting empanadas. They're small in size but they pack a good bite plus the service from their solo waiter was excellent.

• Visited September 2012