All reviewsbig kitchenwonderful pooldefinitely stay here againclean roomscar rentalhot waterdive shopkathyhammocksislandensuitedivingratesferryiguanas
Reviewed July 23, 2015 via mobile

This place could not be cuter, in a great spot for amazing food!! There is a little kitchen across the street that has excellent breakfast/lunch.Walking distance from the boardwalk. It is very very very clean! Kathy is amazing and is running an amazing place, can't wait to come back.

Stayed: July 2015
Reviewed June 2, 2015 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights at Amigos. Nice and clean dorms with 8 beds, the beds aren't that good and the ac is only on during the night so it gets hot during the day.
The owner Kathy gives you a good introduction to the city and the island. There's not much else to do than dive and snorkel, so it can get a little bit boring at times. The pool is nice and cool. The kitchen is okey, it has everything you need to cook a meal.
The atmosphere isn't that welcoming but that could just be my experience...

Stayed: June 2015, traveled with friends
czmkathy, Owner at Amigos Hostel Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2015

Thank you for taking a moment to add a comment. I appreciate your input. The mattresses have been changed. It was my pleasure to meet you and host you here and I wish you only the best with your career.

Reviewed May 17, 2015 via mobile

Kathy is the nicest hostel owner I've ever met, she helped us with everything(!!) and recommended us about activities to do. (Don't miss the scuba diving with Victor!!)

Apart from this, the hostel is very clean all the time, kitchen is very fun to use, there's a big pool, rooms are large and comfortable and have airconditioning at nights!

Would go back if I got a chance!! And thanks again Kathy!

Stayed: May 2015, traveled with friends

Thank you so much for taking a moment out of your travels to write such kind words. SO sorry it has taken ME this long to respond. It was my pleasure to meet you and host you here and to introduce you to Victor. So glad you enjoyed the diving. All the best to you !

Reviewed May 12, 2015 via mobile

We stayed here with a group of 9, and were so well looked after. We arrived quite late, but Kathy still took the time to show us a map of Cozumel, with her recommendations of activities and places to eat and visit.
As we only had 2 days here, we decided to rent a jeep (800 pesos) and drive to the other side of the island to see the beaches! It was awesome! Definitely worth doing. The hostel has a pool which was super relaxing after a day of sun and activities. Would recommend this hostel for sure.

Stayed: May 2015, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking time to add a comment. It was my pleasure to host you and the group of friends. It was a fun time having such a wonderful group here. Hope you all are enjoying the summer and the best of all in your chosen careers.

Reviewed May 3, 2015

What a great hostel! My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights, first off we met the owner Kathy who shows you around and explains everything in detail, even going through best places to eat, shop, swim and she is a diver so has all the right tips on where to dive and snorkel. This hostel is one of the cleanest i've been to, has a nice big pool and pool table, board games, cards and books and a big kitchen. It is not a party hostel which was perfect for us and the people were really nice! If you get a chance turn left out of the hostel then first right, go two blocks and there is a Chicken place run out of a garage with a yellow roller door and red window/door....fantastic chicken here!
I highly recommend Amigos Hostel...its one of the best in Mexico!

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy day to post such a kind review. It was my pleasure to meet and host you both here at Amigos.. Thanks to for the chicken tip... I will need to go try it and add it to the list!! All the best to you both and happy dives..