$297
$364
$238
$200
BestDay.com
All reviewsthe penthouseboutique hotelsuperior roomquiet streethot waterferry dockplaya del carmensan miguelsmall hotelrooms are cleanair conditionerscuba divingivanisisislandbartendermargaritas
Reviewed July 30, 2017

Over arching comments: My boyfriend and I stayed at the Flamingo in July for a few nights of diving. We found the hotel to be nice, in the center of town and had a good breakfast.

Pro's: We stayed in a superior room and it was a large and pretty room with a fridge which was big enough to keep some dinner leftovers and a couple of beers. From the hotel we could easily walk to the ferry, a large number of restaurants and shops, and the local OXXO without a taxi.

The rooms were very clean which was important to me. And the cleaning staff did an awesome job every day - they even brought an extra bench into our room so our luggage was not on the floor. Regarding breakfast, it started at 7am, so we were able to eat before our dives in the morning. Lastly, the AC was awesome and kept us nice and cool at night - we read another poster's comment to ask for a room with a newer AC unit and it paid off :)

Cons: When we checked in and were brought to our room, I do not believe anyone had stayed there for a while, so the room was 93 degrees (per the room air conditioner). I would recommend giving them your arrival time and requesting they turn on the AC in advance. It seemed like the hotel was generally understaffed. At any time there was usually one person able to assist you. This was not a problem as we did not ever wait for help. I think what was tough for us, was out of the four people who rotated working the front desk, we found two of them to be incredibly kind and helpful and the other two to not be as kind.

Given this is a budget hotel, I did not expect additional services but would have liked to see a more friendly attitude. We experienced some horrible car problems (a broken window as a result of car break-in and a stolen license plate) and the hotel was aware, but provide any advice on who to contact or next steps to take regarding the Cozumel police department.

Tip: We were told we could park in the street, however I would not recommend this as our license plate was stolen.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kathryn J
hotelflamingo, Owner at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We always strive to improve things at the hotel and we will take your suggestions into consideration. You came during our slow period and we did have 2 staff members taking vacation during this period as a result. We have 2 full time front desk people who speak English fluently. We also have other staff who are able to cross over when needed and their English is limited, so it may have simply been a communication issue. We hope you have a chance to stay with us again in the future !

Reviewed May 30, 2017

I just returned from another excellent stay at this hotel. I can't say enough good things about this place. The rooms and shared spaces are clean and beautifully decorated. The location is walking distance to most everything you need including excellent restaurants, the ferry and the main square, dive shops, car rentals and nightly activities. And the staff... Oscar and Ivan you guys are the bombdiggity! When I go to Cozumel, I don't want to be just another number in an All-Inclusive hotel. The team at Flamingo brings a certain degree of warmth and hospitality to their guests. You can't put a price tag on that.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank cozaddict2017

Thanks so much for your comments ! I am pleased that you enjoyed the attention of the staff as we always make an effort to put an empahsis on service at the Flamingo. We look forward to seeing you agian in the future !

Reviewed May 19, 2017

We LOVED Flamingo hotel. Beautifully decorated and looks better in person than the pictures. Everyone was so nice and helpful. Thanks Ivan for helping us out with the scooter and making delicious cocktails. Thanks to the delightful owner who gave us advice on stop off in Valledolid which we loved too. Thx to the check in staff (Oscar?)who gave us the tip to eat at the delicious resto across the street YUMMM and rent scooters at the adorable ISIS (and set up diving.) Rooms are lovely and spacious, we had balcony on the front and it wasn't noisy. You can walk to everything. Would definitely recommend this small boutique hotel with charm and character and beautiful design.

Room Tip: I loved our room with balcony in front.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank totalfoodieSC

Thanks so much for your comments ! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and that all of the suggestions worked out well for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon at the Flamingo !

Reviewed May 9, 2017

My fiancé and I stayed at Flamingo Hotel for 3 nights on a diving trip. For what we paid, I was not expecting much. Sure the pictures were nice, but was it for reals? The answer is YES! From checking-in to checking-out, we were sincerely impressed and enjoyed our stay very much. (We paid 2x Flamingo's nightly rate on Isla Mujeres and Flamingo's room were 5x better.) Every employee we encountered was nice and helpful. The breakfast was not much money and good. The beds were comfortable and I thought the decor was nice. Fabulous location - a few blocks from the ocean and we ate at 2 restaurants within a block - they were completely different, but both good! Seriously, for what you pay, you are receiving a lot more. I highly recommend and we will be back! Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole O
hotelflamingo, Owner at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2017

Thank you for all of your comments. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope you have the opportunity again the the future to stay with us !

Reviewed May 1, 2017

It’s a great place to stay....Excellent location, walking distance to downtown, the ferry, many restaurants and a five minute ride from the airport. The hotel was lovely and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good and delicious. I highly recommend the hotel for locals and foreigners.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
hotelflamingo, Owner at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Thanks again for your comments. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope we can serve you again in the near future.