“I loved this place!”

Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Vancouver, Canada
“I loved this place!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed for three days at the Flamingo and it was as if I had been there before. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The room was large and very clean. I will definitely go again! Many of the guests are people who return year after year. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. There are three very good restaurants within steps of the hotel, and the square is only three blocks away. My neighbors met me there and loved it too. It is a lovely little place. Quiet but welcoming even the owners shitzu made me not miss my little dog so much. Such a sweetheart. I will return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Great location. Easy to walk to the main square as well as the ocean front street. The people here were sooooo sweet. Like toothache sweet, which I appreciate. We stayed in the penthouse. Yes there are stairs to climb...so if you can't, you may not want the PH. We consider it exercise : )
I was concerned with the Hot Water comments from others. Having been to Mexico every year for 25 years, I know this can be true. However, the water was SO HOT is had to adjust for colder. I love HOT showers. Granted, it did take about 3-4 minutes in the AM for the HOT water to reach the PH shower, so a little patience is all that is needed, I promise. Slowing down is part of vacation people...Breathe.
Breakfast (OMG the coconut French toast) was DEELISHISH! Sweet little courtyard dining, shaded and lovely. We woke up early 730, never a problem getting fed. Breakfast is included, but you should tip your server (which was sometimes the cook, she's so cute!)
The Bed linens were like none I'd ever experienced in MX. Super soft.
Penthouse has the only ocean view. Worth it!! Sunsets were awesome.

Surrey, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Our first time staying for a week on Cozumel and definitely a place I would stay again. Tom, the owner, lives in the penthouse and is great at making recommendations of places to eat or things to do. The scuba master he recommended, Sergio Sandoval of Aquatic Water Sports, is absolutely amazing! His manager is also excellent. One morning they had run out of bacon so he jumped on his scooter & was back in minutes with their excellent bacon.

Staying here is so different than your average ordinary hotel. The rooms are very large (include a sitting area) and spacious. Staff are incredibly friendly. They create a wonderful atmosphere and so got to know lots of travelers just hanging around the lounge. The bartender makes wonderful margeritas from scratch, including pressing the limes right in front of us.

Staying at the Flamingo is an experience that is definitely better than your average hotel. Close to shopping & the ferry too. Definitely re omens it.

Zuni, Virginia
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Every February since 2005 my wife and I have stayed at Hotel Flamingo when we SCUBA dive the fantastic reefs of Cozumel. The staff is friendly, courteous and attentive. The public areas and rooms are tastefully decorated and very clean. The included European plan breakfast is well prepared and delicious. An American plan breakfast is also available at very low cost. The hotel's location just north of the town square is well positioned to take advantage of many restaurants within a short walk and just far enough away to provide a quiet sleep. The hotel can arrange snorkel and SCUBA trips through its association with a well-founded, very safe and reliable dive operator, Aquatic Sports. We look forward to our annual visit and are considering extending our stay to 2 weeks in the future, or coming multiple times in a year. With its excellent location, spacious and comfortable rooms, clean environment and ambitious staff, the value of staying at Hotel Flamingo cannot be beat. Keep in mind it is an adults only hotel. No pets. 3 floors, no elevator. We look forward to every visit, and would not stay anywhere else in Cozumel.

Room Tip: Every room is perfect.
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I were on our last stop before returning to Canada from a months vacation on Caye Caulker, Belize when our neighbor at home e-mailed us she was going the Cozumel. She was going to the Flamingo hotel, so we decided to join her for a couple of days as it coincided with my wife's birthday. This place was perfect for us, the rooms are clean, this staff and owner bent over backwards to help us with all our needs. The location was ideal, three blocks from the ferry, 200 feet from a good steak house and a Cuban restaurant, one block to car rentals, one block off the main street of Cozumel. As I don't do stairs to well, we were on the ground floor, ten feet out our door was our breakfast table (great breakfasts), and thirty feet from the hotel bar ("world famous Mojito's"). Just one example of the help we got here, we went to the main street to catch a horse and buggy ride, just to have a look around, after an hour waiting we gave up and went back to the hotel. The manager, hearing our story, saying he would be right back, climbed on his scooter and was back in a flash, with the price and phone number, if we still wanted to go. We said, yes we would go, in less that ten minutes the carriage was at our door, with the managers instructions to return us to "this very spot" when our ride was done. I don't know what more one could ask for in the way of friendly service. The whole stay was like that, anything they could do, they were more than willing to do. We found out some people have been returning to this place from some 20 years. It is not wonder they return!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
hotelflamingo, Owner at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thanks for staying with us! Yes, I am glad that we were able to get that carriage ride for you so quickly. We have two rooms downstairs that are perfect for people who do not want to do stairs. We hope that we can see you again in the future
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We just returned from a visit and were reminded why we keep going back to The Flamingo.

Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, delicious breakfast and interesting guests from around the world. (A nice change from resorts, buffets and surroundings that could be anywhere that palm trees grow.) Plus, this time we discovered that the Flamingo had great relationships with high quality restaurants, car rental agencies and a scuba diving shop. (These were much better than we had found on our own in previous visits.) The day trips they suggested were excellent as well. It was easy to go diving, find a new beach, pool or snorkel location during the day and then come back home to clean up and walk to a new dining location in the evenings.

I've visited with my husband as well as solo and had a great experience each time. The Flamingo Hotel is perfect for those who would like to relax, get to know Cozumel better and make some new friends in the process. We will definitely be back!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 11, 2013

For my purposes this was the perfect hotel. This is a small and clean hotel within walking distance from the ferry to Playa del Carmen, shopping and access to all the tours that Cozumel has to offer. It is not on the beach but nothing in Cozumel is very far away. They offer a free continental breakfast that can be upgraded for only a few dollars. Staff were extremely friendly and English-speaking. I recommend this hotel and will stay there again on future pleasure jaunts to Cozumel.

Room Tip: A few travelers have complained that there was no hot water. I didn't have this problem but you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo