“Blue Magic Scuba is IT! Skip the cruise ship scuba excursion provider!”
Review of Blue Magic Scuba

Blue Magic Scuba
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Magic Scuba provides their guests with a unique “Valet” dive experience. We will set-up your equipment, help you gear-up and when the dives are over, we take it to our shop and rinse, dry and prepare it for the next day’s dive, leaving you to enjoy the rest of your day hassle free!! Blue Magic Scuba is A PADI 5 Star Dive Resort, one of very few shops on the island to receive this prestigious designation. A true, “Personal Valet Dive Experience”Our fast, comfortable boats get you to the best reefs quickly and comfortably, reefs rarely visited and wonderfully packed with life and unique corals and rock formations. Many times we finish our 1st dive and are on our way to our 2nd dive before anybody else even arrives! All our boats come equipped with Marine radios, canopies for shade, towels, bottled water, Fresh Fruits & Snacks, Oxygen and most importantly, professional PADI DiveMasters whose vast local experience guarantees you will have the best possible dive.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Fort Worth, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Blue Magic Scuba is IT! Skip the cruise ship scuba excursion provider!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Last week I was on the Carnival Conquest cruise ship and arrived in Cozumel for the day. Prior to arrival I contacted Yuval at Blue Magic Scuba to see if he could get me on a dive boat to scuba dive, even though I didn't get off of the cruise ship until after 9AM. Yuval was willing to flex the dive schedule for the day to allow me time to arrive from the cruise ship and get on the first boat of the morning to go diving. The taxi ride to Blue Magic took about 15 minutes and I arrived at Blue Magic at about 9:30 AM. Yuval and the rest of his staff were expecting me and ready to go a few minutes after I arrived. I filled out the standard liability release forms and was off to the dive boat a few minutes later. Yuval even gave me a Blue Magic T-Shirt on the house! Yuval's staff loaded my large gear bag into the car that took us to the dive boat and off we went. Upon arrival to the dive boat I met the very helpful dive master and he asked me "where do you want to dive?" Santa Rosa Wall!! There were several other DMTs (dive master trainees) on the same boat, but they went off to do their own training dives while I went with my own personal dive master to dive the wall. We had a great dive and we stayed down until it was time to come up due to air limitations. After a nice surface interval of eating watermelon on a nearby dock/beach, we headed out to the second dive. The dive master (sorry I forget your name) showed me what I believe was a splendid toadfish which I had only seen in photos prior to this dive. We took our time and the only reason we surfaced after 45 minutes was because I was continually bumping up against my No Deco limit on my computer due to the nice and long first dive.

After we finished diving, the dive shop provided a cab ride back to the cruise ship terminal. I can't say enough good things about Blue Magic Scuba. No they don't have the largest boat or the dive shop, but if you want to dive for a great price, avoid the cruise ship crowds, be on a small and fast dive boat and get great personalized service, then Blue Magic Scuba is probably exactly what you're looking for. The next time I want to dive in Cozumel I'll be going back to Blue Magic!

I hate to slam other competitors, but the Royal Caribbean and Carnival Cruise Lines contract out their scuba excursions for certified divers to Sand Dollar Sports in Cozumel. I've tried them twice previously and the dives tend to be very rushed and include lots of divers of mixed experience levels. As a result, every dive I have done with them has been very shallow, short times and conducted at very basic, novice type dive sites. My last two previous dives with Sand Dollar Sports ended after 24 minutes and 31 minutes with lots of air left in the tank each time and cost a lot more than what Blue Magic charges.

Thanks Yuval and Blue Magic Scuba! It was a great day. Stay true to the blue!

• Hebrew first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“they had me at hello”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is a great dive shop. The owner and all the employees were extremely friendly and very knowledgable. Getting certified to dive here is the way to go. Thinking we were going in to just try a discovery dive... we ended up leaving Cozumel certified, happy , and ready to begin a new under water adventure.

“Like home”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Me and my friend looked for a diving agency which provides guided dives and diving equipment in Cozumel. We stumbled upon blue magic diving club by chance and it was our luck that we did.
Even though we contacted Yuval, the owner, at 11 am, after the boats left the pier for the day, they squiezed us in for a dive and then took us to a second dive which was just for us.
We dived in paradiso and then another site which name i cannot recall. Both were beautiful and our guide Dennis was outstanding.
The next day we dived in palankar gardens and dalila reef. Both were beautiful and again Dennis was very professional and fun.
Thank you blue magic for a wonderfull experience.

Dublin, California, United States
“Great diving with Blue Magic”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is my second time diving in Cozumel with Blue Magic. Yuval was very accomodating and personable. I appreciated his flexibility with our group of 5 divers and 1 non-diver who each had their own requirements. This time we spent the week with Pumba as our dive master and he was fantastic.

The diving on Cozumel is world class with healthy reefs, unbelievably clear water and the best swim-thru's I've ever encountered.

We will definitely return.

Los Angeles, California
“Best Scuba Experience Ever!!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I spent hours checking all the scuba diving shops in Cozumel. I Thought I will never find the courage to scuba dive... since I was so scared I knew I will need to find a place that I can trust. I looked all over for the right instructors who can help me get over me fear. As I walked into Blue Magic Scuba I new this is the right place for me.
Thank you Yuval for giving me the feeling that I'm safe and I'm in good hands.
thank to you, and your amazing crow I did it!!! and I loved it!!!
it was the best vacation ever with the most amazing feeling I ever had. Breathing under the water, swimming with sharks, with this awesome crew was the best! I would like to thank Blue Magic Scuba for this amazing experience!!! I enjoyed every dive spot. The crew took care of all the equipment, they were well informed about every dive spot with its marine life and between the dives we got fruits power bars, cookies and water. I hope that I will come back to Cozumel one day to dive with them again! Yuval And his crew made this experience unforgettable!!!!!!
can't wait to go back!