Review of Blue Magic Scuba

Blue Magic Scuba
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Blue Magic Scuba provides their guests with a unique “Valet” dive experience. We will set-up your equipment, help you gear-up and when the dives are over, we take it to our shop and rinse, dry and prepare it for the next day’s dive, leaving you to enjoy the rest of your day hassle free!! Blue Magic Scuba is A PADI 5 Star Dive Resort, one of very few shops on the island to receive this prestigious designation. A true, “Personal Valet Dive Experience”Our fast, comfortable boats get you to the best reefs quickly and comfortably, reefs rarely visited and wonderfully packed with life and unique corals and rock formations. Many times we finish our 1st dive and are on our way to our 2nd dive before anybody else even arrives! All our boats come equipped with Marine radios, canopies for shade, towels, bottled water, Fresh Fruits & Snacks, Oxygen and most importantly, professional PADI DiveMasters whose vast local experience guarantees you will have the best possible dive.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I have been diving in Cozumel since 1989 and have about 200 dives here. I've see it all or at least most of it. Boats on a night dive with major light problems, before they went out, safety issues, rushing to get back so they can take another group out, etc. None of that here. Fast boats, (250Hp), small groups, (6 max,) good dive briefings, Skilled DMs. Pumba can find a neddle in a haystack. On my last dive with them he found a good sized yellow sea horse on yellow sea rods. Amazing!. The big stuff is easy, it is there or it isn't. The small stuff takes skill. Bristle worms, arrow crabs, coral shrimp, sea horses, flamingo tongue, etc. He even found a baby green moray no bigger than a pencil.
Diving IS about time underwater. The reason to surface is 1. used your air supply, 2. bottom time is restricted by your computer. Blue Magic IS about diving. Great staff form the office to the dive masters. Very accommodating, skilled, and knowlledgable. Everyone speaks English and of course spanish and even a couple of others as well.

All reviews
"paradise reef"
"marine life"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I spent 5 days diving with blue magic and the service was excellent. The friendly crew, the fastest boats among other diving shops, and small diving groups will not disappoint you. In addition, the ratio instructor-student make this shop a perfect place for open water certification. My wife´s original plan was to do the discover scuba, after her experience with this shop she ended doing the open water certification with excellent results. I am a experienced diver and I can tell you that in blue magic you are going to have a great diving experience.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Spent a week in Cozumel with friends and family this May. Diving topped the list of things we wanted to do. As usual we called Blue Magic and they were ready to go. We needed a schedule which was flexible and they adjusted very well. The rental equipment worked great. I brought my own Reg which need a hose moved and they did it for me overnight. We asked for 2 larger tanks and they got it perfect every day. They met us on Saturday for the check in at their shop and took us out on Sunday. We dove 4 days and they were early or right on time for every pickup at our Hotel Dock. Pumba and Acha were great and "Camel Boy" was very good too. We loved the diving and the boats. Fresh fruit, cookies, towels and water for our surface interval are all nice touches. See you in the fall. Thank You. Side note; My wife feels very comfortable with these guys and for me, that counts for a lot.

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic time diving with Pomba our dive master at Blue Magic. Every dive was just magical! We originally only booked one day of diving but followed up with 3 more consecutive days. We started to set Pomba a new challenge for each dive. I wanted to see an eel, so he took us to a spot, we dove down and sure enough within a few minutes we saw a small spotted moray... Half way through the dive we were amazed again when he found a huge bright green fully exposed moray eel resting under a rocky ledge. My second request was to see a seahorse... Pomba's response was nothing short of 'your wish is my command'... And sure enough he found us one. All and all we've had a fantastic time and I highly recommend these guys.