“Great Hotel”

Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
colorado
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Great little place north of town. The hotel is on the smaller side- which we like, but clean and very nicely decorated. After diving everyday we went out to the pool and were well taken care of by the staff which was excellent. The restaurant was also very good. The pool is nicely situated and while it isn't huge it is sufficient for the number of rooms in the hotel.
The only concerns we had were that they seemed to sell day use passes to people not staying on the property to use the pool area. We were not there during the main part of the day but were told it was a tad crowded at times. We did find a few people still around a couple of the days we were there and they were a little loud and it was hard to find a pool chair one of the days because of these added guests. Also, breakfast is included but the included breakfast is somewhat limited. It would be nice if there was a little more variety to that.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JPR36

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I debated over 4 or 5 stars, then decided Hotel B deserves 5 stars in its category. In Cozumel, I usually stay at El Presidente, which is hard to beat, but it's a totally different ($$!) experience. Hotel B is a relatively small hotel with just 4 floors; nearly every room has a fantastic ocean view. Me and my kids (teenage boy and girl) booked a "suite" (actually just a large room with a king-sized bed, a daybed, and a small bar with stools) on the 4th floor. We also booked the adjoining room (queen bed and bathroom), where my son slept. The suite was pretty; the adjoining room was not as nice, but perfectly adequate for my son. Hotel B's staff members, led by gracious manager Christian, were welcoming, polite and helpful. Very clean and really pretty property, and we always felt safe and well taken care of. We ate many meals at the casual restaurant located poolside (can't beat the view!), and the food was generally very good, though service was a bit lacking when the restaurant was busy. Gorgeous cabana and pool areas, and a jacuzzi at ocean's edge. As I'm sure you've read in other Hotel B reviews, there is no beachfront entry into the ocean. And once you're in the ocean in front of the hotel, you're immediately in 20 feet+ water. There is a small snorkeling area, but it's a very tight spot with many sea urchins and a fair amount of current; not suitable for small kids or more than a couple of experienced snorkelers at a time. We booked some diving through the on-site dive operator, Scuba Du (which is also the operator at El Presidente). Here's where I can best advise Cozumel travelers: if you're a daily diver, this is probably not the best location for you. Because Hotel B is north of town, and most of the dive sites are south of town, you're in for earlier wakeup times and much longer boat rides to your dive destinations than if you stay in the south hotel zone. If that doesn't bother you, I say go for it. Hotel B Cozumel is really a gem.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Alison234
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed May 27, 2014

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Very clean, creative and quiet. I loved it!
There were no so many people and this is very good.
The only thing that I didnt like is that the hotel doesn't have access to the beach.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Having seen mixed reviews I was quite worried that this hotel would not meet my expectations. We had a room on the top floor overlooking the pool and ocean. The room was perfect, the view was incredible. I've stayed in plenty of ocean view rooms, most of the mega resorts are so setback from the water that yes they do have an ocean view, but the ocean is so far away. Not at Hotel B, it feels as if your on the ocean from your room. From your bed, you look out and all you see is ocean, oh and the sunsets..Incredible.

Its true, you can snorkel right in front of the hotel, plenty of sea urchins in the tide pool in front. We organized a dive trip and the boat picked us up at the dock next to the pool. Awesome! The hotel organized the entire trip for us.

Restaurant, great hotel food and very affordable. The ceviche was some of the best i've had, the fried fish was great as well. Breakfast was included and was pretty good, I'm not a breakfast person so I just had fresh fruit and coffee.

Staff were super friendly and helpful, great service experience. I will definitely stay here again!

The only negative is that the hotel offers day passes to use their amenities. We and a few other guests complained about the obnoxious young Israeli's coming in for the day use, hogging the pool, monopolizing the hammocks and taking endless selfies while never actually enjoying the ocean. It's as if this group travelled to Cozumel to complain about everything and take selfies in front of an ocean they never got in. I heard from other guests they were appalled that some young Israeli's gave the waitstaff a hard time about a burger they ordered. First off, your not staying here, please leave, Second, you order a hamburger on the beach in Mexico and have the audacity to complain that its too small?

On the 2nd to the last day we were there we got to witness the front desk turn away this group of rude Isreali kids. Witnessing this made our day and we cheered with the other guests who had complained about them. I do hope these obnoxious Isreali kids see this review, they need to learn how to show respect to staff and other guests especially at a place they are not staying. We wondered how bad could the place they are staying at be that they needed to pay for day passes at our hotel simply to use the pool, take selfies and complain. I'm not anti Isreali at all, I realize these vain obnoxious kids are not a good representation of Isreali's.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Steven V
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I had done a bit of scouting around on Cozumel island on a previous trip and this time while on just a day trip over from Playa del Carmen I wanted to share a very special place that I had discovered with my travel companion. After a long day of snorkeling and beaching and driving around the island, we showed up at the B Hotel in the north hotel zone just in time for an early dinner at sunset before catching the last ferry back to Playa. We were both enchanted at the lovely hotel grounds, mini-beach, Jacuzzi, and pool areas, as well as the lovely little restaurant with its incredible view out over the ocean and the mainland coast. It is a wonderful boutique hotel and the food at the restaurant was outstanding! All in all, a perfect little outing in a very special place in the world. Highly recommended!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We had a lot of expections from the hotel from things we read about but the reality was different..for first we came to the hotel after a long day and in the room there is not double bads and we were on our honeymoon and it was our demand, and also wasn't hot water, it was very frustrating...we gad aunts in the room...
The hotel have a nice and fun whirlpool withe a great view on the balcony but it's just not it...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Hila T
las vegas
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This place is not the same on picture, web, social media as it is once you get there... The place is old. Needs some management, Big Time... Food is just Ok, rooms are not impresive, service in general just horrible!!! Trust me I travel alot and this is not a Boutique hotel, not at all. They are missing a few things and big detail to be a Boutique hotel. Some better small hotel downtown for half the price. I would say this place is a lie... Try something else. No supervision in the areas. Guys start working. A.S.A.P.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple