Hotel B Cozumel
Melia.com
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
$456
Bookit.com
All reviewshot tubmorning yogacevichescuba duday passbreakfast was includedocean viewsmall hotelno elevatorfourth floorthe hotel offersbeautiful poolhotel guestssandy areafishsea liferooms are nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Lovely place. We came here as a couple expecting your run of the mill visit to Cozumel, an island heavily dependent on Cruise Ships. Our stay was for two nights but we liked it so much that we cancelled our stay back in playa and stayed for another three. The place is stunning and well designed, the recreational grounds is one of the most creative I've visited. My favorite was the reef right off of the hotel, the sea was calm the entire time we were there, we saw little stingrays and a variety of fish every time we took a dip. My girl loved the mock beach to tan in as well as the jacuzzi. The place has something for every personality and everything coexists harmoniously in this little hotel. It is calm, quiet and deliciously serene.

But the real secret gem of this hotel is a man named Christian, the hotel manager. He puts a capital S in Service, I can't say enough good things about him.

we hope to come back and visit very soon, we had a blast.

Room Tip: we loved our pool level rooms, but I'm sure the views and the breeze on the higher floors must be excellent. But for mobility within the hotel, ask for room 106, right smack in the center of the pool. Very cool
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GueyOfLife
Suamy R, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel B Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2018

Dear GueyOfLife

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The hotel has a sensuous Miami Zen feel. The front desk was very helpful and upgraded our rooms to an ocean view and early checkin for a small additional fee. Hotel was clean and well maintained. The decorations were well done. Downside - bathroom has sewer smell which is a problem with many renovated hotels in Mexico. A problem that is hard to correct, but has an effect on the overall experience. Hotel needs to provide free WiFi in the rooms! Only access was in the lobby! Also, the mattresses were NOTHING special. I could hardly wait for a comfy night's sleep after a long day at the beach - sat down on the mattress and it squeaks like it is really a box springs with a mattress pad. Not comfy. All-in-all I think this is a great new hotel that just needs to tweak some of the features to get a 5 "bubble" rating. Need fridge in rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view. The water is spectacular. It is a great place to hang out by the pool and relax for a day away from sandy beaches.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank CostaMayaPaddler

Dear costamayatraveler

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I booked a vacation here because of a living social deal. We have been to Cozumel numerous times and love it there, but have never been to this hotel before. After staying here we will probably never stay anywhere else! (I should say unless they decide to jack up the prices, or let the maintainance go downhill, which happens down there sometimes). This is after all, a newly renovated hotel. Christian, who works at the front desk (and seems to always be there) is wonderful! He is very professional, helpful and patient, he made the experience there very pleasant. The hotel beds were very comfortable, the room was very clean. I have a very sensitive sense of smell, and afer reading one review that said "close the bathroom door to avoid sewer smell" I have to say, I think it might have been someone's spouse trying to cover up a "problem", because there was no smell what so ever. The resort is small, which we enjoyed because of the peace and quiet. The snorkeling right from the hotel was fantastic-we saw a giant puffer fish that was about 4 feet long, a large octopus right in the lagoon right in front of the hotel, and a beautiful eel hanging out of the coral wall along the resort. Lots of beautiful fish too of course. The food at the hotel was very good, but we did not eat there a lot, since we enjoy going in to town in the evenings.

Room Tip: not all of the rooms have a fridge, be sure to ask if you are expecting one.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear mommyoffive

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 8 nights and wouldn't hesitate to come back. The hotel reminds me of a boutique hotel in South Beach. I am more used to staying in large resorts but really enjoyed the more intimate feel of a smaller place. The view from all rooms is incredible. The whole staff was great, they were very helpful and friendly. They felt like family by the time we left! Snorkeling off the hotel was great. The water was clear and calm. We could jump right off the dock to snorkel. We didn't spend really any time in the pool, it was a small pool and quite warm, almost warmer then the hot tub. The american breakfast was good, eggs, toast, bacon or ham and fruit. We also ate lunch there a couple times and it was good. They also set up romantic dinners for us where they would put a table right next to the ocean, it was wonderful.

The only thing that I would change is to put fridges in the rooms with bottled water. They did have water in the hallways and gave us a pitcher for the room which we would have to get refilled. Other than that, everything was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Meghan B

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My fiance and I just got back last night from Cozumel and stayed at Hotel B. We booked our vacation there for 8 nights because of a Living Social deal. We arrived on Saturday afternoon and our room wasn't ready so we had a couple beers poolside. We had 2 double beds and Christian gave us a King bed so we were happy. Christian is great (he's the reservation manager). We were in 407 and it was a great room. It was very clean and simple, we really liked it. The resort is simple, small, and exactly what we wanted. I am use to big resorts and this was a nice break from the mega resorts. We booked 3 days of diving and ended up renting a jeep which was "key" to this week. The American breakfast that comes with the room rate is good. It got old after 8 days but honestly, it was good so no complaints there. We got two romantic dinners with our deal and that was really nice. We had it on the deck both times and it was nice. A bottle of wine, salad, fish, and awesome crepes were the dinner, both times. The fish was over cooked both times which was not the best but honestly, everything else was so nice that we didn't care.
Things I liked: Nice simple room, Christian, Juan Carlos (waiter). Snorkeling off the resort was great. The hot tub and pool is nice.

Things I think need improvement: Bar and food service. The bar is almost for no reason...never got a drink from it and the first day when our room wasn't ready, no one was there and others who had ordered drinks came up to get them...very odd.
same thing with the food. We would have ordered more food and drinks if the waitress was ever around. i have to say, it was the female waitress, once the male came on, he was great.
Housekeeping. We dived 3 days and weren't back till 3 and our room was not made up. We wanted to take a nap after we got back but almost 10 minutes after we laid down they knocked on our door to do our room. Very frustrating. I'd rather they came earlier in the day and got our room done before 3:00.

OH, we had a massage...AWESOME. Hurt like crazy so let them know if the pressure is too muchl

Other than those minor things, we loved it. We had a great time at a great price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple