“Beautiful Marble, Very Clean, Gracious, Flowers, Safe, Diving, Ocean”

Villablanca Garden Beach Hotel
Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was more than happy with this hotel. It was inexpensive, and yet the room was large, all marble (bathroom too!), with a very comfortable king-sized bed. The rooms overlook a garden and pool area. There is an on-site restaurant run by Arturo, who will bend over backwards to make and serve you the best he can from what he has. It is always fresh and clean. The hotel staff helped me secure bicyles from a very honest and helpful dealer. Everyone there was exceptionally gracious. We felt very safe, happy, comfortable, at home. It is close to diving and snorkeling as opposed to downtown or the resorts - so there is more of an old-town feel. If you book by Trip Advisor or Expedia, they give you a free upgrade next trip - which i guess means kitchen. We had a refrigerator and microwave option. I was delighted and suggest to anyone who doesn't want or can't afford a high end resort. : ) We used the bikes to get to snorkeling locations and that was great. To get to the hotel, it was $7 US from the ferry.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad one, but if there are Argentinian divers in the hotel, get rooms fu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 11, 2013

It was fancier than our usual B&B in Cozumel and they gave us an instant upgrade. Nice place, but I prefer being in town. Recommend for someone with a car or scooter. Although it is across the street from the water, it is not a very "beachy" location. Probably great for scuba folks though.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ParrotLadyMexico
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed here for the last night of a 10 day trip to Cozumel. The room was clean, neat and tasteful decorated. The bed and the pillows were soft and comfortable. The view from the second floor room included the ocean and the pool/garden area. Very happy with the room and the breakfast served by Ernesto (?) in the Nemo's "Catch of the Day" restaurant was excellent. We would definitely rent a room here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed two nights here and were disappointed with the room
Bed was hard, no coffee pot and no ice machine. Also No gym as mentioned
In ads. Garden was nice. The place needs to be updated.
The staff was very friendly and helpful when needed.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Holly3900
Reviewed July 10, 2013

this hotel was fine for us as we only were there at night to sleep and made use of the pool for one afternoon. the room was clean with enough space to be comfortable. for the price it is a good value. If one is diving in the area it should be considered. trips to down town are 70 to 80 pesos one way.
we would probably stay there again if we needed a walk up and rent. people were friendly and helpful. its was a quite place while we were there.
there is a restaurant on site with really good service and food.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank texasdetroit
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed 9 nights at Villablanca Hotel in Cozumel and enjoyed it very much. We were there to scuba dive and it was a very convenient location to get to the dock of Dive Paradise.
Room was large, and had a nice sized refrigerator which we used to store our food when we weren't eating out. Large bathroom and nice sitting area as well in the superior rooms!
If you don't mind walking about a mile and a half into town or spending money for taxis then you will enjoy staying here for diving because that is the only down side to this hotel.
Nice pool too. Restaurants on site and across the street were good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the reviews; however, when I arrived it was a little different. The reviews forgot to mention that this hotel uses well water. Yuck! That water smells and tastes awful. You have to use bottled water to brush your teeth and wash your face. there wasn't much I could regarding the showering. Also, the plastic key cards kept failing to work. I had to rekey the card several times. I saw other guests keep inserting their card over and over to finally open the door. There is a restaurant but I wouldn't advise eating there. It doesn't open until 9 am so don't expect breakfast and there isn't a coffee pot in the room. I didn't see anyone eating at the restaurant but I thought I would give it a try anyway. I ordered a club sandwich and french fries. The fries were terrible. First time ever that french fries tasted badly. The club sandwich was ok. Now I understood why no one ate at the restaurant. The room is spacious and you do have a view of the ocean. The room is clean and they do offer full cable channels such as ESPN and others. El Cid/La Ceiba only carries a few channels in their rooms. NO ESPN! I wanted to watch Wimbledon. So if you decide to stay there .. the amenities are limited. I don't plan on staying there again and I told the desk clerk that too. Also I was there for 4 days and everytime I went to the office, there was always a different person. Very strange.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends