“Great location for a romantic sunset”

Villablanca Garden Beach Hotel
Ranked #33 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
SAINT JOSEPH
“Great location for a romantic sunset”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

The location is beautiful on the main road from town. This is an older hotel that is very well maintained, We had one of the nicer suites (S-22) with marble floors and tub/shower. There is a large hot tub and pool in the courtyard. They have a quaint little restaurant and bar and depending on what you pay, your breakfast is included. All the staff is very helpful especially the management. A large percentage of the guests stay at this hotel to go scuba diving. They put on their wet suit and walk across the street to the dive boat and off to the wild blue under.
They have their own wall diving site just seconds from their boat dock.
This is a great place to add to your adventure and romantic Holiday getaway list.

Room Tip: Make reservations well ahead of time. This is a very busy and popular destination.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Finnish first
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We found Villablanca via advice from the Hotel Coral reef Inn ( who do not cater for kids ) . I was looking for affordable accommodation for two diving adults with their 6 year old son, and myself as a single diver.

Jorge was prompt with his email replies and made us a fair offer. The rooms were clean and very close to all the dive operators. Breakfast was served promptly from 7:00am. We dined out in each night in the various restaurants of Cozumel. Jorge and his staff were helpful in advising my friends where to buy a cheap laptop computer ( their son's DVD player broke and it being European specifications he was unable to watch his DVDs ) , Jorge helped me check out possibilities to play golf ( which I declined as being too expensive ).

Clean , fair prices and quiet, very diver friendly and has a nice garden, hot tub, pool to entertain kids, a good place to go for diving families with young kids.

I also forgot my Kindle charger adaptor, and Jorge arranged to have it sent via my friends up to Mexico DF for me.

Friend service and highly recommendable.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviewed January 7, 2012

We have just returned from our two weeks at VillaBlanca from 12/16 to 12/30/2011. We simply love this hotel. We booked a superior room directly via email with VillaBlanca.net. (They have a very nice website) I always book directly with them. Our stay included breakfast everyday---awesome! And, also four dinners. Very good with the extra treat of a special Noche Buena/Christmas Eve turkey dinner! The best turkey I have ever eaten----really!! We have stayed here previously several times and are always very pleased with our stays at this hotel. The friendly staff, relaxing and beautiful pool and gardens, the very clean rooms----the towel art is a treat, the guests from various parts of the world all help to make this a favorite of ours. We have been traveling to Cozumel and the Yucatan since 1986. The location is great and my husband snorkeled most every day right across the street. His advice is to take your time and you will be amazed at what you see underwater. Tons of angel fish, spotted eagle rays, and on and on. We didn't even rent a car this visit. The location is ideal for walking or short cab rides. We returned home relaxed, refreshed, and still in love with VillaBlanca and Cozumel.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are our worth the extra money. Also, when booking directly, you may ask for your pre...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mcgill17
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Villa Blanca is a great little hotel, short walk into town, close to dive shops, very friendly staff and very well priced. We loved our stay!

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Jemcburney
ada a, Propietario at Villablanca Garden Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2012
Dear Max.
There´s a great many things we have changed at villablanca. Trie to come next time in better months,(dec. through May) I will be more than happy to upgrade your room, offer you a coupple of dinners at the restaurant (catch of the day) and show you all our changes for the better..
Best regards.
Memo.
Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I spent a week at the Villablanca in March of 2010, and will be back again later this winter (2012). I had booked a one-week dive package, and was favorably impressed with both the hotel and the diving off of Cozumel (the Palancar dive sites especially). The Superior room I had was spacious and clean, although the interior space could have been used somewhat better .... but no real complain there. The fridge and small outdoor balcony were great to have, and the pool outside was enjoyable on some of the hot days during my stay. While a bit of a hike from the downtown area, there are 3 restaurants within 100 yards of the hotel, so finding a meal was not a problem. The Hog Town Cafe has a very good breakfast, and others meals I had there were also quite good. The staff and service at the Villablanca were excellent, and I had no hestitation booking in a week there again this winter.

Room Tip: There is a pedestrian speed bump right beside the hotel, which means you get to hear the vehicles ge...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank islandiver7
Charlotte
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The hotel was not 5 Star, but it was clean and when we informed the office about the shower water not getting warm they came and fixed it immediately. The office staff was super helpful and friendly as were the restaurant staff. The food was outstanding, especially breakfast. The location was far enough from the downtown area that we didn't have to deal with a bunch of tourists which was important to us, but was short enough that the cab ride was around $5.00. But we preferred to go in the opposite direction to the great beach bars like the Bob Marley. We didn't even go downtown until our last day. We chose to explore the beautiful island on scooter, which the hotel arranged for us. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank birdshu
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I booked last minute so that I could support a friend doing the Ironman, and was very pleasantly surprised at the reasonable rate, clean and comfy accommodations. My room was detailed in an Egyptian motif which was so unexpected that it made me giggle when I walked in, but I enjoyed my stay enough to extend it by a night, in the same room. Located just outside town so it was not hectic, quiet at night, and had a good breakfast next door. Was a great spot from which to view the bike portion of the Ironman, so overall very happy with this hotel! The hotel is directly across the street from the water, and access to diving and snorkling and fishing....

Room Tip: My room was not in the newer building, but towards the back, with gauzy drapes out front and a littl...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo