Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort
Secrets Aura Cozumel(Cozumel)
$324
$207
  • Breakfast included
Vista del Mar Boutique Hotel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
$62
$60
$239
Bookit.com
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
$92
Allegro Cozumel(Cozumel)
$154
$127
  • Pool
Hotel Cozumel and Resort(Cozumel)
$88
$80
$169
$113
Melia.com
$240
$177
  • Breakfast included
El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Pool
$215
1,186 results
All reviewspepe scubajungle viewfishman made beachbedroom suiteswim up barsandy areatime sharebreakfast was includedthe north endhome away from homescuba shopdive resorta short taxi rideinfinity poolocean frontwalk into town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2005

We stayed at the Coral Princess March 3-8 2005. Good deal through USAir, airfare plus 5 nights for 2 people for less than 1600 bucks. We did not have a room overlooking the ocean but weren't in the room enough to have enjoyed it. The room was fine, American Holiday Inn equivalent. Clean, well maintained, surprisingly free of mold. The snorkeling right from the hotel beach (not much of one, maybe 300 yards worth) was arguably better than anywhere else we tried on Cozumel, including Chankanaab (good) and Punta Sur (which was not great). Do yourselves a favor...rent a car. Town is a good couple mile walk. Nothing around the Coral Princess. Oh, and forget the hotel arranged tours to Chichen Itza, take the ferry to Playa del Carmen and rent a car there. Much cheaper, instead of 150 bucks per person you'll end up paying no more than 75 bucks total (check to make sure that you have a spare and a tire wrench...our rental blew a tire and had no wrench and we had to flag someone down in the middle of nowhere on our way back from Chichen Itza...lucky we spoke Spanish; spring for something other than the dirt cheap economy Hyundai).

8  Thank voles
Reviewed March 20, 2005

This was our first visit to Cozumel and we selected the hotel based on previous reviews. We found the hotel comfortable and very well located. The man-made beach area was large and well laid out. You could sun or enjoy a meal within a few feet of the Carabbean. And the beach area offered easy access to a deep reef for snorkeling and scuba. A good number of fish (thanks to a feeding schedule I think). The room was older but clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the walk (2 KM) walk to the town plaza. The route was easy and beautiful. We're now glad we stayed close (but not too close) to town.

• Stayed: March 2005
8  Thank malolos
Reviewed March 14, 2005

My husband & I just returned from the Coral Princess. We stayed 3/10/05 - 3/13/05. After reading some of the previous reviews, I went with the attitude of expect the worst, hope for the best. We couldn't have had a better time. Well, maybe we could have if we would have had an ocean view room but our jungle view room was very nice. We had a studio room. It was clean with a small fridge. My husband used Pepe's dive shop twice. I enjoyed a massage but recommend that you have it outside. It was a little cool the morning of my massage so I opted to have it inside and the noise from the kitchen and dive shop made it a little difficult to relax. There aren't enough words to describe the snorkeling in front of the hotel. We went snorkeling everyday and it was awesome. Be careful of the current if you aren't a strong swimmer. The breakfast was okay. Not alot of food but plenty for us because we aren't big breakfast eaters. We always had lunch on the beach and went into town for dinner. Cab rides are $3 to the town square. We walked back one evening after dinner and it was a very nice walk. We recommend Guido's (Italian) and Casa Mission. Great food at both places. Guido's has a courtyard with flowers blooming overhead. Casa Mission is surrounded by beautiful gardens. Both of these places are a little spendy but we thought well worth it. We discovered there is a little grocery store right before you leave town to go back to the Coral Princess. They are small but have a nice variety of items. (pop, beer, sunscreen, snacks, etc) We stopped there to stock up on items for in our room. We asked the cab driver to wait for us when we ran in and he did. The grocery store accepts US$. We never converted our money. You are probably thinking how can she write so much when she was only there for 3 nights but I really enjoy using TripAdvisor when I plan my trips so I hope this review will help someone else out. Have a great time in Cozumel!!! I am already planning my next trip. Next time we will bring the kids.

• Stayed: March 2005
17  Thank Shelsad
A TripAdvisor Member
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 4, 2005

Stayed at Coral Princess 2/28/05-3/4/05. This was our first visit to Cozumel and we really enjoyed this hotel. We had a studio room on the street side because the hotel was full and no ocean view rooms were available. OK, the beds are kind of hard and small and we didn't get a fridge but other than that we really don't have any complaints. It was a very relaxing place to stay, very laid back and friendly. After staying at an all inclusive in Cancun last year that was crowded with young drunk people this place was great. We ate all of our meals at this hotel and never got sick. Our 4 year old really enjoyed feeding the fish from the steps. The water in the pool stays cold so I only saw a few adults in the pool but maybe in the summer time it would be okay. My husband dived with Pepe's Scuba and really enjoyed it. We would love to go back.

• Stayed: February 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed March 1, 2005

What a nightmare! I was ready leave after the 1st night. I traded one of my timeshare weeks (a "Red" week at a 5 star resort) for this dump. What a mistake!

Upon arrival, we were assigned to a room on the 3rd floor overlooking a dumpster and taxi stand. We asked for a room with a view of the ocean - it cost us an additional $10.00 (plus taxes) per night.

The hotel staff was relatively pleasant. They certainly appreciate tips. I got some form of food poisoning the 1st night when we ate at the onsite restaurant. (Do NOT order the shrimp cocktail!)

Due to my extreme 'flu-like' symptoms, I was holed up in the 'studio' for 3 days. I got very little rest due to hotel employees literally beating on exposed exterior plumbing pipes with sledgehammers.

Our ocean-view 'studio' at a $premium$ was comparable to a Turkish prison cell. It wasn't a 'studio'. It was a crappy motel room. The bedding was horrible. The room smelled terrible. The T.V. was worthless with only one channel. Plus, whenever there was any dialog, you got an ear full of static. I turned off the volume and read lips. The lavatory sink area was filthy. Glue was used to mount the lavatory sink faucet to the countertop. A sewage odor emanated from the shower drain.

* The Coral Princess had a couple of redeeming qualities. The view of the ocean from the room (that cost $10 more per night) was beautiful and definitely worth an additional $10 per night. The on-site snorkeling was very good and just inches from the pool area. The massage therapists were excellent and right on the beach in a private tent. I had Jesus and my husband had his sister.

Good Luck Amigos...