“Interesting.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort
Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
“Interesting.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This was my first trip to Cozumel. Let's just say, coral princess was not exactly what I expected. I looked on the website to see if they offered wifi, which they did, but only in the lobby, pool area, and near the so called "beach" area. I was looking forward to being able to sit at the pool and utilize the pool bar, but unfortunately it was closed our entire stay. So was the jacuzzi. I felt like I was an average hotel rather than a resort. I did get to relax and spend time with my husband, but the resort was well below our expectations. We actually avoided the resort for that very reason. The service and food was awesome! Coral has a really great chef in the kitchen.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Maria L
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Dear Maria,

Greetings from Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort Cozumel. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your feedback about your last stay at Coral Princess, it is really important to me and I am sorry for the inconveniences encountered. The wifi is only available on the common areas, like lobby, beach & pool area and game lounge but we are working in the installation of new routers to have internet inside the rooms.

The pool bar and the hot tube are closed due to a documentation update requirement about the functionality of some locations in the hotel, for this reason we had no other choice than to close these areas temporarily. We expect everything comes to normality very soon.

Once again I appreciate your feedback and I would like you to know that we are working in many aspects of the hotel to give a great service to our guests. I hope to see you soon on Coral Princess and make your vacations a memorable experience with the new upgrades coming soon.

José Antonio Rico Cacillas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Hebrew first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Reluctantly I subtract one star because Princess has inconsistent quality of rooms and staff. That said, for the price I got (round trip + one week + continental breakfast for under $1200) Coral Princess is hard to beat. Price for that package varied by a few hundred per year.

My buddy and I have stayed here several times, so we got to know the folks up front and some of the wait staff. They steered us to some of the really good restaurants in town, and they were almost always quite friendly.

Try to get a room facing the ocean, not the street. The pool area is quite nice, and drinks are about average price and quality. There's a ladder at the edge of the water leading to a very nice stretch of coral, if you like to snorkel or scuba, but many more scuba locations are available around the island.

The hotel restaurant is okay, not great. Good for breakfast. They have a little exercise room, a pool/TV room and bar. Mainly it's a good, cheap hotel to use as a launching pad for other stuff. Wireless internet is free, but very spotty, almost not worth trying. Too many stalls and dropped signals. They need to buy some quality routers.

All in all, CP is one of the best deals on Cozumel. Recommended.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the ocean, more than three floors up so it's not too loud.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jimbo92107
Dear Jimbo,

Greetings from Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort Cozumel. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am glad you spent a wonderful vacations at our Resort.

I look forward to seeing you soon on Coral Princess.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel is great if you are in Cozumel to snorkel and dive.
We had an ocean view room on the top floor with an amazing view...
The hotel had a dive shop attached to it so it was very easy to organise snorkeling and diving trips from there...great guys to do the trip with, very helpful and knowledgable!
Also just jump of the pier in front of the hotel and snorkel, lots of fish and a small amount of coral...fish are very friendly!

Room Tip: Choose and ocean front room on a hight floor ...magnificent views!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RosieSt13
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Rosie,

Greetings from Cozumel!! First of all, thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommend our Dive shop. I am agree with you, the hotel has a beautiful amount of coral and fishes just in front of the hotel.

Once again I appreciate your comment and I look forward to seeing you soon on Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Our group of friends and family travels to Cozumel for a reunion every June and we always stay at the Coral Princess. In addition to the clean and spacious suites, the exceptional service from every one of the friendly staff is the main reason for our continuing satisfaction with this resort. Many of our group are scuba divers and the on site Pepe Scuba Shop also provides great service. We're always sad to leave but look forward to our next stay at the Coral Princess.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear Mark,

Please receive a warm regards from Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor and I really appriciate your constant visit at our Resort, I am glad you love our home in Cozumel as well as our Dive Shop on site, Pepe Scuba.

I look forward to seeing you soon

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I had read many reviews about this amazing resort prior to booking it. It actually exceeded my expectations! I spent 7 wonderful days in this paradise. Despite what others had said about how the outside tub and bar being closed, it was incredible!
The most incredible ocean views. You're able to snorkel or dive the 20-25 foot wall, right there, anytime of the day! The sea life there is about the same that I saw during my 80-90 foot dives. Having Pepe Dive Center on the premises made it the perfect location for me and all divers who seek deeper boat dives everyday.
Always clean and organized. The staff...OMG, the friendliest I've ever had. Me and all guests were served hand and foot by all staff! Delicious food & a huge variety of it, the restaurant offered. Any moment you needed a drink while in the pool, there was always a friendly server to get it for you.
Most of the guests are members and have been visiting for many years. They all happen to be very welcoming to new guests, like me. They ALL made me feel like I was a part of the Coral Princess Resort Family!
I cannot wait to return there, every year.

Room Tip: Water-view room is a must! Hit happy hour to get 2 for 1. Ask for the exact time for hapy hour. Norm...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Sameer-Maasarani
Dear guest,

Greetings from Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us, I am very glad that you have enjoyed the gorgeous ocean views from your balcony and the dives.

I look forward to seeing you soon on this beautiful island and in Coral Princess, your new home in Paradise!

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

Just arrived home last night after 10 days at the Coral Princess...........it was perfect........I am now planning my getaway for next year. The hotel and its staff are the best! I cannot say enough about how friendly everyone was. The rooms stayed immaculate. The view is outstanding............I can't say enough about how perfect my stay was.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Greetings from Cozumel! Thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad you have enjoyed your vacations at our Resort.

I look forward to seeing you on next year.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

I got my scuba certification with Carlos at pepe's scuba. He is a great instructor with an awesome sense of humor! He made us very calm and confident and I would highly recommend him for all certifications! The hotel is beautiful and all the staff are very polite and do their best to cater to you. We definitely will be going back.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear guest,

Greetings from Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort. First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us, specially our Dive Shop, I am very glad you love Pepe Scuba Dive Shop. On the other hand I really appreciate your good comment about our staff, I let them know that their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

I look forward to seeing you soon