“ Great time ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
Higden, Arkansas
“ Great time ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Spent 2 weeks here , had a great time . My room was very clean the entire staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make my stay great . The food was good and not over priced the free breakfast was very good each morning . The motel is very laid back . Pepes dive shop is there which was great . My bill was as quoted to me earlier in the year . I'm not a time share member but I had a very time there .

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear guest,

Greetings from Cozumel island. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your vacations at our Resort.

I look forward to seeing you soon on this beautiful hotel.

José Antonio Rico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Will make this a factual review:
-Arrived yesterday at the hotel. Front desk girl gave us the wrong room. So we had to come downstairs, change in the Lobby bathroom and leave our bags. 1 hour later, we get our keys.
-Breakfast is supposed to be included and you need a bracelet that we were never given. So our super rude waiter Lorenzo tells me to hurry up bcs he is busy and has other tables to take care of. Had to ask 3 times for my coffee. Was given a disposable container of used jelly for my bread. Eew
-Pool bar is closed. Hot tub is also closed. Mind you this is Easter weekend and busy season.
- Hotel is def under staffed, because either at the restaurant, breakfast and front desk, they all look slammed and barely have time help you.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MichelleATL2013
Dear Michelle,

Warm regards from Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort! I would like to thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor and for your feedback, it is really important for us to improve our service.

On behalf of Coral Princess please receive an apologize for the inconvenience with the wrong room, this never happen. I would like you to know that it is really important to us the bracelet to control the breakfast included and Coral Princess is proud to say that it's an Eco Friendly hotel, we use eco friendly containers for our jelly.

The hot tub and pool bars are temporarily closed due to a documentation update requirement regarding of their functionality, nevertheless you can still receiving service on this areas. Please be informed we are already working on this situation to continue offering you quality service as you deserve.

Our staff is the best in the island, you can read the previews comments on TripAdvisor, they are helpful and very friendly.

I sincerely hope you consider stay with us on your next vacation to Cozumel, so we can demonstrate you the level of service that we are known for.

Minneapolis
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

We just spent two weeks at the Coral Princess. It was our 22nd year there. In response to questions about the closing of the outdoor bars, we were given the following note upon checking in.

"Welcome back to your home away from home. This is to give our valued member an explanation about the palapa bars and the whirlpool not functional at present. The hotel was ordered to close (the outdoor bars and hot tub) due to a 1988 federal law concerning presentation of an ecological impact study to obtain building permits. The hotel started construction prior to the law so was exempt and was awarded a building permit. Now, to avoid a lengthy legal interaction, we have conducted and presented the ecological impact study for approval. This process is quite slow and is currently pending in the Mexico City Federal Courts. In the meantime we have been awarded the MARTI (International Ecological Certificate) proof of ecological sound business practice."

We were told that the problem started when they rebuilt after hurricane Wilma. By enlarging the size (by only a few inches) of the swim-up bar, palapa bar and hot tub, their "grandfathering" exemption from the ecological impact study was void. Although it took several years, the authorities finally caught up with the issue and closed these areas until the study had been completed. The study was ordered and is finished now. The resort is just waiting for final paperwork from Mexico City.

There was lots of work going on in the timeshare units. Every one is getting new sliding doors. The interior had been freshly painted. Light fixtures had been repaired or replaced. We had flat screen TVs in both living room and bedroom. We had new loungers on the veranda. All the units are having the sofa's recovered. It appeared that some of the bathroom tiles had been repaired, too. The WiFi is still very uneven, though there are repeaters on the beach and the roof now. There are very nice new orange lounge furniture and umbrellas by the pool.

The two outdoor bars are still closed as well as the hot tub. The beach is all open - even the North end. The SCUBA showers were working (in fact they had new heads), but the scuba gear dunk tank was still empty. The massage tent is in its usual spot on the North beach. The rooftop bar isn't open yet. They do have furniture up there, so it appears to be close. We took a look and the views are awesome. There is a bar/snack bar, loungers, a hot tub, and cool swing chairs. There will be a private spa area, too, for rooftop massage.

The staff remains stellar, the snorkeling in front of the condo is amazing, Pepe SCUBA shop is simply THE BEST. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Take a room with an ocean view. They are spectacular.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank terryc477
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Terry,

Greetings from Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort. First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor, I hope you have enjoyed your vacations with us.

I would like you to know that the problem with the closing areas didn’t start when we rebuilt the hotel after hurricane Wilma and the hotel never avoid an ecological impact study or any Cozumel authorities. Coral Princess was exempt of the ecological impact study of the 1988 because the hotel started construction prior the law and also was awarded with a building permit, nevertheless to avoid a lengthy legal interaction, we presented the ecological impact study for approval and in the meantime we received an award for our ecological business practices by MARTI (International Ecological Certificate). We know this a terrible situation for our guests, but we are working on this situation to continue offering an excellent quality service, as you deserve.

We thank you in advance for your understanding and I look forward to seeing you soon on Coral Princess.

Lubec
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We ate here twice. (it was the closest to our condo Miramar, about a 5 min.walk) The first time we had steak fajitas and deep fried chicken tacos.(and they give you all the salsa and chips you want.) It was so good we had to go back again for some more steak fajitas and chicken fajitas. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Thank you for the good food and great time!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tammy S
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Tammy,

I hope you are well and I appreciated your visit to our Restaurant Buenaventura. I am very glad you love our steek and chicken fajitas, I think the same thing, they are totally delicious!!!

I hope to see you soon at our restaurant, wish you an excellent day!

Pearland, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We have been staying here for the past several trips to Coz. It's just hard to beat! The staff is always accommodating and really do take that extra effort to make your stay a good one. The rooms could use a face lift, but the beds are still the BEST we've ever had in Mexico! One thing that was a bit irritating was the little game with the loungers w/umbrellas by the pool. Every morning, folks put their towels on a chair to "save" it while they have breakfast, shop or whatever. I'm guessing that this goes on in other hotels as well. The snorkeling at Coral Princess is always great, but the current can get a bit scary if you're a beginner. I love the lobby and bar decor! The time share guys only approached us upon arrival. There was no pressure and they were nice about it when we declined. The pool swim up bar and jacuzzi are still closed and the bar palapa roof is falling apart and landing in the pool. That's a little annoying. The waiters are around all the time if you need anything outside anyway. The evening happy hour was great. We heard about a new roof patio being built, but didn't get a chance to check it out. That's ok, we'll be back!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sandrags
Dear guest,

I hope you are well, and I thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am glad you enjoyed your vacations at Coral Princess and I really appreciated your feedback to improve our service.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have been coming to the Coral Princess every year since 1993, and sometimes twice a year. You know it is a great place when people like Pedro the concierge have been there for most of these 20+ years. He is not alone and Jamie is another great bellman. Last year we utilized five bedrooms for the entire family. Over the years I have needed all sorts of advice, including medical doctors for my scooter accident, and they are extremely knowlegeable and helpful. Great hotel, great service, great location...perfect!! Chuck M

Room Tip: Ocean views are alwasy the best. Jungle views are more economical.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Dear Chuck,

I hope you are well and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you always enjoy your stay with us and really appreciated your loyalty to Coral Princess since 1993.

I hope to see you very soon to another wonderful stay in paradise. Greetings from all your friends of Coral Princess Cozumel: Your home away from home!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone at the Coral Princess for another great week in paradise! We have been going to the Coral Princess for the last 18 years and have never been disappointed. The entire hotel staff was very welcoming as usual and made my sister and brother-in-law feel right at home. They were the first to check in and since they had never been to Mexico they were a little anxious about this trip. They told me their check in was a breeze and the friendly staff took away their anxieties. They loved the comfortable king size bed, the great view from the balcony, the cleanliness of the hotel, and the great staff. Thanks to Pedro, Jaime, Alex, and everyone at the front desk for all of your help. Thank you Roberto for making us laugh and giving us information as to why the swim up bar and jacuzzi were closed and for showing us the new roof top lounge area that is being developed. And thank you Angel for getting us the coral villa with the attached studio so my family could be together! What wonderful people and what a great stay!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Buckyfa
Dear guest,

I hope you are well. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Coral Princess Cozumel, and also to be with us for about 18 years, it's amazing. I really appreciated your comment and your greets to our staff, I certainly know they will be equally pleased to know their effort are making a memorable stay for you and your family.

I look forward to seeing you soon, wish you an excellent day.