“Great value”

Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort
Ranked #8 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

In terms of price-quality this was the best hotel we stayed in after a month of traveling through Mexico. The rooms are very standard, but clean, and have tons of drawer space. It's not half bad snorkling off the back of the hotel, and the included breakfast was nice.
My only negatives would be that the staff (though very personable) can be a little pushy if you show any interest at all in booking a tour or car or something, and the wifi really only works in one small corner in the lobby, and though other networks come up, you aren't allowed the password. Also, the balcony on the 9th floor has a really low railing, which isn't the safest thing I've ever seen.
If you stay here, renting a car is a great idea as it's not so close to San Miguel. But overall it's a great, low cost choice in cozumel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cm28
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

I hope you are enjoying your stay back home. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I appreciate your feedback and we are taking note of everything to improve our service.

I look forward to seeing you soon

José Antonio Rico

Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Coral Princess is both a hotel and resort(TIME SHARE arrangement) We stayed in the penthouse of time share portion of property. Very nice. Added extra room, so we had 3 bedrooms all with private bathrooms. Each bath room had deep soaker style tub and main bath of penthouse had a jacuzzi tub.
There were 2 balconies that had wonderful ocean views.
There is not a true beach,although sand surrounds much of the 2 pools. To enter water you have todive/jump from concrete boat dock ( only 1-2 feet high)
When we were there the 2 outside bars /snack areas were closed due to some zoning issues with Cozumel. However you could still order from inside bar and restaurant using servers that were outside to take orders.
This was a family dive vacation that we plan on making an annual event. Only down side to diving is the reefs are at opposite end of island. Thus long boat rides to and from reefs.
Pepe's scuba shop is right on property and is a first class operation with owner Frank overseeing daily operations. Boats are small 6-10 divers max Abdais,was a great divemaster and prided himself on making each dive interesting by showing such things as seahorses and toadfish. Thanks Abdias,you were great,as were all oher divemasters.
Can't comment on hotel portion of property ,but all guests seemed to be enjoying their stays.

Room Tip: Would suggest an ocean view room as all face the west,so great daily sunsets.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank OhioTravelers43112

Dear guest,

I hope you are well, and I would really like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor and let us know your experience at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as well your diving with Pepe Scuba Dive Shop. Thanks again for your feedback and I really hope to see you soon on CP, your home sweet home in the Caribbean.

Have an excellent day!
Regards,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Just got back from a week's stay at the Coral Princess, and we just loved it. Here's my breakdown of pros and cons:

Pros: My room and all public areas are immaculately clean. There is always someone cleaning, trimming hedges, doing some poolside tidying up, etc. The staff is amazing! They are friendly and solicitous and you will never be in need of anything for more than a few minutes if they can help it. Pedro and Alex at the front desk will help you plan activities, tell you where the best restaurants are, and are generally all-around helpful. The man-made beach has enough chairs and umbrellas for everyone so we never like we had to compete for space, and to able to snorkel right off the edge of the hotel property was awesome. The Coral Princess isn't a place for party animals or those looking for the latest fashionable place to be, and that was fine with us.

Cons: The hot tub and outdoor bars are still closed without explanation, and the lack of outdoor bar means that the poolside waiters really have to hustle. The food at the hotel restaurant was OK. We ate our included breakfast every morning, and while it was certainly adequate it lacks imagination. We ate dinner out almost every night, which was great because there are some very good restaurants in San Miguel. Finally, there was a little pressure to listen to a timeshare presentation, but those who said no weren't bothered again. Not a high-pressure thing, but chances are you will be at least asked if you're interested, and you will probably be offered a reduced-rate rental car or free massage. Full disclosure: I ended up buying in but I refused all enticements and only went to the presentation on my last day there.

All in all, staying at the Coral Princess was a very good experience and we will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view room if you can afford it. It's a beautiful thing to wake up to the blues of t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank georgiesmom

Dear Guest,

I hope you are well. First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I appreciate your feedback and I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was our first trip to Cozumel. The Coral Princess was perfect for us! The staff were very friendly and helpful. The restaurant & bar had great service as well. Along with the snorkel/scuba renter at the resort also. The snorkeling at the resort was a great place to start, lots of beautiful fish and right off the outdoor beach/seating area. The Coral Princess is off the beatin path which we enjoyed and rented a scooter two of the days we were there for easier travel on the island! We were sad to leave!

Room Tip: We ended up with a Jungle suite due to a groupon deal. Although an ocean side view is probably prefe...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley A
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Ashley,

I hope you are well. Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess.

I look forward to seeing you soon, wish you an excellent day!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We've only been in owner rooms for many years, But have enjoyed Coral Princess for many years. Must be a good place to work because staff has been there many years, all are friendly and remember you even years later. Love to snorkle right off the wall in front. The pools were exceptional great this year (2014).

Room Tip: We much prefer ocean view,
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jim0423

Dear Jim,

I hope you are well. We would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

I look forward to seeing you soon. Wish you a wonderful day!

Regards,

Reviewed February 7, 2014

When you arrive at the Coral Princess they greet by saying "Welcome home." That is pretty much all you need to know, because it really does feel like home. If you are visiting for the first time take some time to get to know the staff. Pedro and Jaime are two of the greatest guys in the business. My wife and I always enjoy visiting them. They are all as good as it gets. Super nice people that want to make sure you stay with them is great. The location is amazing and the amenities are fantastic. What else can I say other than we will be going back.

Room Tip: Ocean view is where it's at!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Justin B
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Hello Justin,

I hope you are great! I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us every time you come back to Coral Princess Hotel & Resort. First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us.

I loook forward to seeing you soon, on behalf of Coral Princess wish you a wonderful day!

Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Been a member there for yrs grt place and staff but things are changing north side beach area closed and pool bars closed nobody will give you a straight answer You would think they would at least let members know of changes we brought friends who are very disappointed with no hot tub working no outdoor bars etc etc
Dont like being surprised when we arrive. They need to communicate alot better if they want to succeed
Feel bad for staff they can see we members disappointed its a great place but new management not asking for feedback from lontime customers

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank CDNWpg

Dear guest,

I hope you are well and thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor. We are very sorry for the temporarily closed of the pool bars and whirlpool, we are already working on it and expect it to come nomality very soon.

I look forward to seeing you soon. On behalf of Coral Princess wish you a wonderful day!