“Quiet place to stay.”

Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Arlington, Texas
“Quiet place to stay.”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is an older property, but is quiet and clean.

The room and bathroom were alright, with the common areas a bit nicer.

With that said, the service at the hotel was great! Front desk, bellman, room service - all so very friendly and willing to help! I asked for more soap and shampoo in the room and it was delivered with a smile in 5 minutes.

The food was tasty and hot and the beer and mixed drinks cold. Very nice.

We enjoyed a message at the spa and it was really nice. Great employees for sure!

Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ocean view is a great choice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave B
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Dave,

I hope you are well and thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort and I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

I look forward to seeing you soon, on behalf of Coral Princess Hotel & Resort wish you a wonderful day!

José Antonio Rico Cacillas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Hebrew first
Pinetop, AZ
Reviewed December 11, 2013

stayed there last week - did a timeshare trade - had a 1 bdrm with enclosed bedroom and rollaway bed/mattress from the sofa in the living room - full kitchen with utensils, fridge, etc. -

It's a nice place but nothing really fancy - clean, fairly quiet on the beach - breakfast buffet a definite bargain for the price! - don't know if I'd stay there again though I might want to try some other location next time -

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rjr1
Dear guest,

On behalf of Coral Princess Hotel & Resort we appreciate for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor and I hope you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope to see you soon on this beautiful island, wish you a wonderful day!

Regards,
Jóse Antonio Rico Cacillas
Galveston, Texas
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We are repeat visitors to Cozumel since the '80s & to the Coral Princess. We have been staying at the this resort for several years. We have a membership and stay in a suite so that we have a large balcony overlooking the beautiful Caribbean. Our trip was from Nov 9 - 15 and it rained almost everyday with very little sunshine on any day. Our friends were real troopers, never complained, managing to snorkel in between rain showers. The only suggestion that I would make, would be that the outside bars should have been open when possible. A large palapa would have been nice to sit under regardless of weather. We love Cozumel, the Coral Princess and staff. We plan to go again in May and hopefully our friends can go with us.

Sue C

Room Tip: Member side suite - one or two bedroom. The balconies are larger, the view awesome, plus the benefi...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sue C,

I hope you are well and I appreciate the time you taking for write your comment on TripAdvisor. I am very glad you enjoyed Cozumel every time you come with us at Coral Princess, and I would like to thank you for your preference for about 30 years.

I look forward to seeing you very soon, and on behalf of Coral Princess Hotel & Resort, wish you a wonderful day!

Kind Regards,
José Antonio Rico Cacillas.
Nashville
Reviewed December 10, 2013

First of all, we are members of the Coral Princess Club, and always look forward to "returning home". We love the rooms, the views, the service of the staff, but this last visit we were a bit disappointed with several things. The pool bar and hot tub area were closed. There was no music played at poolside. And we had a very unfortunate incident with an employee in the Business office. In the past we have always gone to the business office and been allowed to use a computer if the wifi reception was weak in our room. When we entered the office we were confronted with, "Why are you here?". We told him we were members and asked if we could use a computer. His response was, "your contract doesn't give you access to our computers, go rent one". Obviously, we were a bit stunned by this response. If this is the manner in which prospective new members are treated, I would be very surprised if anyone would sign a contract, let alone help pay this mans salary. As I said earlier, we love the Coral Princess, and will continue to return, but hopefully someone can get a better control of the business office and the rude and unprofessional staff member if they hope to attract new clients.
A special thanks to all of the service staff, the housekeepers, and, of course, Jaime and Pedro, for their assistance.

Room Tip: pay the extra for an ocean view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 1skinluvver
Dear Guest,

I hope you are well and first of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor. I really sorry for the temporarily closing of the hot tubs and cabañas, in a few days it will be complete repaired.

I appreciate to let us know about your problem with the computer, I already spoke with the staff and it wont' happen again. Please if you have any problem like this, feel free to contact me, I personally assist you.

I look forward to seeing you soon. Wish you a wonderful day!

Regards,
New Orleans, La.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Our room was absolutely lovely. The views from the sitting room and balcony and also from the bedroom were spectacular. Everything was clean and wonderfully organized. Room service was excellent and all of the staff were very efficient and helpful. It is close enough to town to be able to walk if the weather is ok. The only minor problem we had was that the Wi-Fi did not work in our room on the 8th floor. Overall it was a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Ocean view is the way to go.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Patricia,

Warm greetings from Coral Princess Hotel & Resort!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor and share the experience you had at our Resort.

I hope to see you very soon on this beautiful island. On behalf of Coral Princess Hotel & Resort wish you an excellent day!

Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We have been staying here for ten years. Always a pleasant experience. Friendly staff and clean well maintained accomadations. The beach area is nice and the views are great. Good snorkeling right out front off the beach. Good place to stay for scuba divers with Pepe's scuba right on site. Pedro and concierge staff always have good recommendations for restaurants and attractions.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike R
Dear Mike,

I hope you are well and thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am glad thath you have enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

José Antonio Rico
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We would highly recommend Coral Princess Hotel & Resort for anyone going to the beautiful island of Cozumel.

The LOCATION is perfect ~ just close enough to town, but just far enough away!

All around Cozumel, the Caribbean Sea glitters a hundred shades of blue and this is exactly what you will see and enjoy with your amazing oceanfront VIEWS from either your room balcony or around the pool/bar area. The magnificent sunsets ~ rock!

The Coral Princess is an older hotel. Our one bedroom suite was large, well-equipped, comfortable and clean ~ the housekeeping spotless. Gilda and Edith you are both excellent at your positions and for that we thank you! Great towel-art ~ everyday!

The staff are incredibly friendly (like family) wonderful and accommodating. Ask for anything (organized our Kaokao Chocolate Tour) (over night sewing repair on our leather bag) and they are right there to assist you. Exceptional service from: Jaime & Cornelio. Leandro, Mario & Himi always, always served those hamburgesa's & cerveza's with a smile and an ownership. Lorenzo aka 'Rooster' you have been given a true gift with your singing voice!

Our concierge PEDRO ~ you da man, our friend! You are simply amazing for EVERYTHING you can and will do.

With ocean right at your doorstep you can safely swim or snorkel right in front. We choose to do a shore dive ~ that was cool! Pepe's dive shop will look after perfectly for all your spectacular reef diving needs.

We appreciate the service and conversations we had with all of you. We sincerely hope the Corporate people of the Coral Princess reads our review and recognizes your dedication to provide such excellent customer service and they will work to continue to maintain and repair ALL areas (hot-tub, swim-up bar) of the Coral Princess ~ A Little Piece of Heaven on Earth ~

Thank you for sharing your beautiful country with us. We look forward to a return visit. Randy & Debra

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debra T
Dear Debra,

I hope you are well and thank you very much fot taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort and I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

I look forward to seeing you soon on this beautiful island.