Our 11th year staying at the Coral Princess. There are two sides to the resort. The newer side is for non-member guests. The older side (north) is for members. The members side units are bigger with full kitchens. Well furnished, though the pillows could use some "fluffing" since they were replaced after Wilma. In fact, just about everything was replaced after Wilma. In our estimation, this was an upgrade.
Breakfast is generally on the terrace in front of the dining room, overlooking the ocean. If it rains, as it did much of the time we were there (thanks to Andrea), we ate inside. The breakfast is good and inexpensive.
Pool bar quality and service are excellent. At 5pm, it's two-fer one happy hour for an hour. Favorite activity was to stand in the pool while having beverages. Service is plastic.
We dived with divewithcristina.com, so did not take advantage of Pepe's dive shop on-site. A lot of guests did, though, for diving and lessons.
Please note that the "beach" is a sandy area with the requisite chaises and umbrellas, but it is above the water. You access the water by climbing down a ladder, and are in a bout 13 feet of water, soooo...not a walk-in beach.
Front desk is efficient, repairs are handled in a timely manner. The botones (bellboys) will take good care of you on arrival and departure, and if you need assistance during your stay, they are happy to oblige. One of the security guys did a lot of cab hailing for us, was very diligent.
It's about a 45 minute walk into San Miguel, or a quick, 60-peso cab ride (for 1-4 persons). Best to pay in pesos, because the dollar alternative is $6, which at the exchange rate during our stay, would have been 70 pesos.
We plan to return next year, as we have every year, generally with a small group from all over the US, to dive and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront resort located on the North side of Cozumel Island, just 10 minutes away from downtown. Hosting 148 bright and spacious rooms with wonderful landscapes, outlooking the beautiful Caribbean Sea or the exotic jungle. We are a Golf Inclusive Resort, our guests do not pay Green Fees at Cozumel Country Club. As we stand on top of coral reef formations, snorkeling and diving experiences are just one jump away. Prestigious Pepe Scuba Dive Shop is on-site, they offer instruction, certification, expeditions and gear rental. At our Restaurant and bars it's always a pleasure to savor Italian Chef Toni Parente's creations. Raúl and his team will alleviate all the tensions with their magical body therapies at Spa Coral. Our commitment with the community and the Planet makes us follow positive environmental practices and promote conservancy programs to reduce human impact. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Coral Princess Golf & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Princess Hotel Cozumel
- Coral Princess Hotel And Resort