“Cruise into Cozumel, Mexico” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Plaza

The Plaza
Ranked #32 of 158 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: San Miguel's city center, lined with little shops, cafes and restaurants.
Atlanta, Georgia
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Cruise into Cozumel, Mexico”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

For the most part I had a good time. I unfortunately didn't get to enjoy area as much as would have like due coming down with the flu. I did however go in and out of a lot of the shops. We also took a tour and was able to haggle the price down because we had at least 12 people in our party. It was an interesting place. As we went on our tour they took us to an inner city nature preserve and a place where they make Tequila. The tour guide pointed out historical sites as we stopped and took pictures. Oh yeah...I think you can rent mopeds to view the city. The tour guide advised against it because of the lack of insured drivers. I just have to say they drove like maniacs. It didn't matter if they were on bikes, mopeds, or in a car. No right of way...everyman for himself, no safe distance of travel, etc. Very interesting I must say. We actually visited November 2012.

Visited November 2013

• Polish first
Louisville, Kentucky
569 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 409 helpful votes
“A Great Place To Browse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We walked around the plaza during our day stop on the cruise ship. It was fun to see all the local "stuff". The prices on most things were reasonable and you could barter with some of the merchants. We felt very safe here and had no problems.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Richard F
Minnetonka, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

Very pretty, neat place to walk around. I, however got chased down by a local on my way back to my cruise telling me "you are very beautiful"

Visited September 2013
Caulksville
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Carnival ship cruise stop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Great place for a day. Police were everywhere for safety of 15,000 peeps sightseeing from 5 cruise ships. Lots of shops, with fantastic gift prices. Felt very safe on main beach frontal road.

1 Thank ozark56hillbilly
Tulsa, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Plaza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

It was fun to go into town and walk around. It would be a lot nicer if there wasn't so much "hawking" going on. It's hard to soak up the sights with people trying to get you into their shops constantly. But they have to make a living. I would come back here anytime...

Visited January 2014